Lincolnlounge.com????

tylers65

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Wonder if it is to late to tell them all how we feel about the loss of the LS...

Lincolnlounge.com will provide a highly personalized, unique gateway to the Lincoln brand allowing target users to experience "Lincoln luxury."

* The new website is designed to be a destination space to communicate
major Lincoln marketing initiatives, showcase new vehicles, capture
user information and engage the user in a community-centered
environment.

* Magic Johnson helps guide visitors through the newest Lincoln cars and
trucks.

* As Lincolnlounge.com officially launches, visitors are invited to
participate in a sweepstakes for a chance to win a fully customized
edition of the 2006 Lincoln Mark LT.

Ford Motor Company's automotive luxury brand Lincoln is launching a new lifestyle-oriented custom website, http://www.lincolnlounge.com. The website will debut officially on Monday
December 19, with a sweepstakes offer for site visitors to win a unique Mark LT luxury pick up, customized by auto industry experts DUB under the personal direction of Magic Johnson.

Lincolnlounge.com will be an on-line destination for urban consumers,letting them experience the Lincoln brand in a manner distinctive to their
individual taste and style. The site is engaging, showcasing Lincoln's major marketing activities, programs and promotions, new vehicles, as well as serve as a secondary research channel to gain additional insights from consumers about their perspectives on the brand.

"Lincoln's marketing efforts in the urban environment have worked well for the brand and we will continue pushing ahead with unique, innovative, targeted initiatives such as lincolnlounge.com," says Darryl Hazel, vice president, Marketing. "This new website is another way Lincoln is engaging the consumer
in a more personal and relevant manner."

Lincolnlounge.com will feature various channels with lifestyle-oriented content and vehicle spotlights. The site opens with the site tour ambassador, NBA legend and entrepreneur Earvin "Magic" Johnson, who provides the user a
personal, guided introduction. The various site channels include:

* "Spotlight" -- The channel will feature Lincoln advertising activities
and major events.

* "Magic Johnson" -- The channel will spotlight Lincoln's growing
marketing and community-based partnership with NBA legend and
entrepreneur Magic Johnson. There will be links to the Magic Johnson
properties including the charitable arm of his enterprise, the Magic
Johnson Foundation.

* "Old School, New School" -- a signature channel taking a look at
Lincoln history, past and present, with respect to both iconic and new
cars celebrated in urban communities.

* "Sounds of Lincoln" -- The channel showcases urban, contemporary music
and allows users to experience the music even after they have left the
site.

* "Holla Back" -- The interactive component of the site that invites user
feedback on vehicles, the brand, and programs and other industry
happenings.

* "Reader Columns" -- The channel includes editorial content such as auto
reviews and articles on after-market auto customization, all penned by
today's hottest urban auto industry experts inclusive of DUB,
Automotive Rhythms, and AboutCar.com.

"Urban customers are savvy about purchases, particularly vehicles, and they are very fickle about what they want," says Kimatni Rawlins, president, Automotive Rhythms, an urban automotive media and entertainment company. "The
approach consequently would be to offer them stories in their voice, on subject matter important to them."'

Alongside media properties such as the Automotive Rhythms and DUB, content providers will also include fashion, music and retail entities that resonate with the target user, yet appeal to the Lincoln core essence of luxury and
style.

The web site will be launched with online advertising on sites such as bet.com and blackplanet.com. As well, there will be awareness through other brand communication vehicles such as print ads and promotions, and
word-of-mouth awareness through urban on-line community chat rooms.

As part of the launch plans, visitors to the site will be invited to participate in a sweepstakes offer for a chance to win a fully tricked out Magic DUB edition Lincoln Mark LT. Customized by urban auto industry experts
DUB, and under the direction of Magic Johnson, the Magic DUB edition Lincoln Mark LT includes special custom features such as 24" rims, suede and leather interiors, lower grill insert, 7" TV monitors for seats, DVD/LCD in dash head unit, 15" Flip down LCD center, window & tail light tints and amplifiers. The sweepstakes will run from December 15, 2005 through January 31, 2006, 11:59 PM
(ET).

"The 2006 Lincoln Mark LT already has that special style and sophistication unique only to the Lincoln brand," says Magic Johnson. "My
vision was to add that 'magic touch' to something that was already great, and we've scored big with the Magic DUB edition Lincoln Mark LT. It certainly is a great example of all that is Lincoln luxury."

I am in the "Holla Back" section getting ready to tell them to rethink their killing of the LS and or the rear wheel drive platform.

-Scott-

Here is what I posted on "holla back"

I have a 2003 LS and previously a 2000 LS. Prior to this I had never owned a Lincoln before. It appears that you are killing off this fine car. WHY? Are reskinned Mazda's with FWD what you think will keep the enthusiast driver as a customer? Rebadged F150's? Not. Take your "DUBS" (blatant attempt to market to the NBA/Hip Hop crowd) and shove it.

Cadillac here I come.

WOWOW thats strong! Nice thread, I am glad you really let them have it!

-Scott-

Tell them to start visiting LVC so they can find out what Lincon Owners Think.

Joeychgo said:
Tell them to start visiting LVC so they can find out what Lincon Owners Think.

They already know and don't care. The dealers killed the LS more than the manufacturer. The engineers loved the car. The bean counters didn't. The marketing people loved it. The bean counters didn't. There was a time in January of 2001 where the VP of Marketing threatened (figuratively of course) to take a baseball bat to the legs of any dealer that put a carriage top on the LS. They were that passionate about it. The dealers were/are only interested in selling Town Cars to blue hairs. I have friends that went into dealerships asking for a manual LS. The sales force actually couldn't understand why a Lincoln buyer would want to shift themselves. They tried to talk them out of the LS and into, guess what, a Town Car.

Remember, the DEALER is the customer of the manufactuter, not us. We are the dealers customer.

In any case, the LS in it's present form is dead. There is rumour of an AWD replacement, of which I will not buy! I guess my 2006 LS is my last. At least I have the first and last!

I knew this was coming. It seems to me that they had decided this 18 mos ago when there were no advertising of the LS in any media. A sad day indeed, I am thinking of buying an 06. This will probably be my last lincoln.

A copy of my msg sent to Holla Back....

Who in the world, approved this marketing concept. I am an LS owner, absolutely love the engineering and the car.
You dimwits have eliminated the best car. You now are appealing to the ethnic/senior citizens crowd with this advertising and corporate decisions. A sad day indeed. My next car will be a Jaguar , BMW, Cadillac. You are unbelievable. No wonder Ford Motor Co. is losing market share.

hey i just posted on this site this is what i holla at them about:

let me get this rigt im 26 years old and im hispanic and most of my friends now think that the LINCOLN brand USED to be a old person car or a livery cab until we saw the LINCOLN LS, i cant beleave that you guys will actually neglect and kill the best car in your linup - when i pull on someone with my LS they dont think that my grandpa is passing by or jump in the back and say " TAKE ME TO THIS PLACE" you have a loyal fan base of the LS so dont DISS it they way you guys have done by not includint it in this page -- if you guys will take a look at CARDOMAIN.COM or www.lincolnvscadillac.com - you will see how peaple are loving this car - this is my second LS and if you corporate heads remove this car from your linup i guess im getting a CADILLAC for my next car.

The whole concept of the website is alienating to me. And don't get me started on Majic J. After his talk show in the late 90s, I can't beleive ANYBODY would pay him to be a spokesman for anything.

Couldn't they think of somebody who appealed to a wider audience and had more polish?

The '01 LS I will be taking delivery of shortly will likely be my last if Lincoln does not start building more cars with real street credibility.

"Holla Back" f*cking stupid

i don't think that granddaddy will understand, yo

gwen.jpg

I just went to my local Lincoln dealer. They have 6 LS's left of which 3 are left over 2005 models. There is only one with the THX system and I don't care for that color. They do have the new Zephyr. Which myself and another man were looking at. He also had an LS and absolutely loved it. He was a Ford retiree. We were comparing the two cars and when I told him that the Zehyr was FWD. At that point, he said he wasn't interested in the Zehpyr and would stay with his LS. He hated FWD.

Wow, their marketing group is full of morons. If they think marketing to minority groups by calling them urban and Holla 'ing Back for feedback will make more $$ for Lincoln, they have really missed the boat.
Thank goodness for Cadillac, at least one American company has it right, too bad those CTS's are f'n ugly, except for the V-Series. I am very happy with my LS, even though I have spent $3,000+ in maintenance since buying the car 15 mths ago, I will be keeping it for at least 3 more years. Unless Infiniti or BMW comes up with some awesome deals. What am I thinking? I don't want a new car, just my Lincoln LS.

Since we are posting our "Holla Back's" here's mine:

"Hello,

Why is the LS being removed from the line - up? As far the site goes, it looks really geared towards minorities - I'm not, but I own a Lincoln LS and represent a majority of new car buyers. I would like to see Lincoln re-invent the LS or make a higher performance model, like Cadillac did with their V-Series. You're own site says: "In the new millennium, Lincoln focused its attention on younger people who would help keep our brand fresh…real. It was time for the Lincoln LS. Our first dip into the highly competitive luxury sport segment didn’t disappoint: heads turned." All I'm asking is that you bring back the LS! I'm a young professional and a lot of my co-workers are looking to buy Infiniti's - because of rear-wheel drive luxury. Why have you alienated us?

Thanks."

This is the first car out of all I have owned that I want to keep longer than 1 year, and would like to buy a new model once my miles get too high.

well said, too bad the peaple reading those emails are just minimum wage employees or they work for a marketing firm that will " evaluate" the responses and then make a report to ford, and thats when they take the report and go to the bathroom, these big car companies never listen to the consumers that they want to get they only worry about the ones they already have in ford case is alot of old peaple that are getting berried in their cars, look at what chrysler and cadillac are doing, they are listening and making it happen, thats why ford and GM stuck to their old values and way's of doing bussiness will one day be on chapter 11, but hey atleast we have our LS when they are hot, tooo bad the ford exec whants to mess it up.

I think its stupid to focus on the old people of today, nothing against them but by the time I become old and many others like me, do you think I'm going to looking for a Town Car or whatever else no thrills car they decide to try to shove down our throats. Nope! I am going to be looking for something like the LS when I'm 50+ and even into my 80's which I kind of hope I do not see lol.

Members online

No members online now.
Back