LLSOC membership

I cant comment on LLSOC because I'm not a member and I can't see anything inside the forums. For all I know it much busier then LVC.

LVC is here for everyone. Our LVC Gold Members get some discounts and other perks, but the heart and soul of LVC is free to all.

There is nothing that says you cant be a member of both LLSOC and LVC, and many other forums as well. The purpose of having LVC is so many people can collaborate to resolve problems and enhance the experience of being a Lincoln or Cadillac owner. As I see it, the more forums that there are, the bigger that collaboration becomes. That's how the information is spread around and learned.

Joeychgo said:
As I see it, the more forums that there are, the bigger that collaboration becomes. That's how the information is spread around and learned.

Very well said. :L

Ken, just wanted to tell you that you are the man... and without you, my car would be sittin stock in my driveway right now... you have taught me so much about my LS and so has the LVC, i am very honored and happy to be a part of this community... and i kno i probably bug the crap out of you with all my emails and all my questions or whatever but i just wanna let you know that i look up to you for everything you do and everything you know about these cars... thanks again for everything :yourock:

LennDawg said:
and how do you get into the public store at the LLSOC, just curious to check it out...

I dont even know if you can if your not a member... ???

I know you used to be able to, but I don't think so anymore. All the links send you to the login screen, where as before the store link would let you choose between logging in and going to a public store. You'd think they'd take the money from non-members just for the sheer profit aspect. Oh well, I will see when I get my membership.

MAllen82 said:
Man, unless you are either A.)going to help me out(thanks quickls) or B.)you happen to be a better accountant then my accountant(which I doubt most of you are), don't tell me what I should do with my money. And thank you.

Not to be an A$$, but out of 9 responses(5 of 14 are mine), not one addressed my issue.

Curse you all!!!! **Shaking fist violently in air like an evil villain**
FWIW, my LLSOC membership number is in excess of 5500. (How many of us are active now, I don't know, but it's hardly a ghost town.)

The quickest way to join is to call the phone number on the Web site and use a credit card. That's what I did, and my account was active that night.

And for those of you who haven't ponied up to join, your opinions of LLSOC are uninformed at best. I agree with Quik; it was well worth the money it cost me to join, and I'd spend it again today.

It's hardly a ghost town?

You must post a lot in the discussion forum(lobby i guess its called) because there is no technical info passed around lately. I'm geared more towards tech sites. I visit there maybe once a week and a few new threads that are worth reading, if that.

The difference is that at LLSOC all the information here has already been hashed over there the last 5 years.

GrayGhost1 said:
Why spend $40 for membership there when you can play here for FREE?

No doubt not tryin to knock the llsoc folks but I been there and done that and frankly this place has em beat hands down. Information that we share about our cars should be public and the fact that you are not forced into becoming a dues paying member here to learn and share speaks volumes about its creator(s).

when I was first researching what car I wanted. (choices were, acura TL, saab 93, audi a4, volvo s40, dodge magnum - [dont ask ;p ]) I looked for communities that I could join. I dropped by LLSOC and was a little disappointed. Mainly because it didn't really give me any type of access until I forked over some cash. Not saying the site might not deliver. But for a car that I was still considering to buy, I was going to do it. Then I found this open community. Which has helped me so much, and helped me decide that this was the car for me. I'm thankful for that. =) Btw is there some sort of canadian chapter? I feel so alone!

Hey I also belong to both forums,

I had posted over there my intent to swap my trans from the sst to the manual, 8 out of ten posts on that thread questioned My thinking/my purpose/my heritage/my future and more. There was very little support to my questions and a lot of flack. Several heated posts in reply to the hecklers almost got me tossed out.
I came here after a short email exchange with El Es regarding my sincerity and skills. I have gotten more support here and guidence from you guys than in all the years I have belonged to LLSOC.
I understand some of the issues that delay their club projects (like the club prez is technically unemployed), since I have many similar issues (have not had a permanent job in 18 months). However, I have not left every one hanging on waiting for me to 'someday' pick up the ball and run with it.

If the interview I just had today pans out then I will have the cash flow I need to buy all the parts new and just start thrashing.

Last edited:
JES_LS said:
Hey I also belong to both forums,

I had posted over there my intent to swap my trans from the sst to the manual, 8 out of ten posts on that thread questioned My thinking/my purpose/my heritage/my future and more. There was very little support to my questions and a lot of flack. Several heated posts in reply to the hecklers almost got me tossed out.
I came here after a short email exchange with El Es regarding my sincerity and skills. I have gotten more support here and guidence from you guys than in all the years I have belonged to LLSOC.
I understand some of the issues that delay their club projects (like the club prez is technically unemployed), since I have many similar issues (have not had a permanent job in 18 months). However, I have not left every one hanging on waiting for me to 'someday' pick up the ball and run with it.

If the interview I just had today pans out then I will have the cash flow I need to buy all the parts new and just start thrashing.

Funny you mention this. I was ostricized for posting the propsition. It became clear to my that the blinders were on and that they were just going to ride like that. I didnot expect everyone to jump onboard and plan this out but it semed like a grat project and I have my own funding for it.

So I essentially left the place after i leased my 350z a few years ago and did not start participating in LS owner forums till about 9 months ago. I got a referal to this site by quik and have been frequent participant since then.

Seems all things can get consideration here it is a credit to the way the founders launched and have maintained.

Good luck on the interview!

bingbangyadda said:
when I was first researching what car I wanted. (choices were, acura TL, saab 93, audi a4, volvo s40, dodge magnum - [dont ask ;p ]) I looked for communities that I could join. I dropped by LLSOC and was a little disappointed. Mainly because it didn't really give me any type of access until I forked over some cash. Not saying the site might not deliver. But for a car that I was still considering to buy, I was going to do it. Then I found this open community. Which has helped me so much, and helped me decide that this was the car for me. I'm thankful for that. =) Btw is there some sort of canadian chapter? I feel so alone!

I peruse the forums too before I buy now and it has helped me a lot. The fact that this site is open to anyone bestows an immeasurable amount of credibility to the site and its founders/operators.

Members online

Back