Looking at a third vehicle

Gas lol... that stuff...

I'd buy it and sell it.... nothing more...

Kids nowadays. :rolleyes:

If gas hits north of $3.50 I will be hurting.
450 miles a week at 19 mpg = ouch.
I will be looking for stock base gears.

or

I will have to give up boozin.

+1. I go through about a tank a week, so not as bad as you, but it still is a chunk of money. (about $200/month on gas). If I get that car for 500, and it gets twice the mileage, it will pay for itself in 5 months.

+1. I go through about a tank a week, so not as bad as you, but it still is a chunk of money. (about $200/month on gas). If I get that car for 500, and it gets twice the mileage, it will pay for itself in 5 months.

Yes but you would be stuck driving it for 5 months lol.

It reminds me of that joke.

Why is a fat girl like a moped?

They are both fun to ride until your friends see you on one.

:D

lmao I forgot about that joke :lol:

And yeah that's true. I'll have to do a REAL DARK tint.

It won't be the most embarrassing car I've ever drove. An ex girlfriend had a early 90's Ford Probe. With a bright purple sticker on the top of the windshield that said "SEXY BITCH", and a rear window sticker - about the size of the rear window, that said "bad ass girls ride bad ass boys". I had hit a deer with my car, and drove that car to work for almost a week. Talk about embarrassing.

I had hit a deer with my car, and drove that car to work for almost a week. Talk about embarrassing.[/QUOTE]

:slam:wave:bowrofl:

It won't be the most embarrassing car I've ever drove. An ex girlfriend had a early 90's Ford Probe. With a bright purple sticker on the top of the windshield that said "SEXY BITCH", and a rear window sticker - about the size of the rear window, that said "bad ass girls ride bad ass boys". I had hit a deer with my car, and drove that car to work for almost a week. Talk about embarrassing.
Wow I know why she is a "ex" girlfriend lmao.

You should've dressed in drag while driving it. :p I'd buy the Honda in a heartbeat though... First of all it's only $500 so if you change your mind you're not out that much and you can most likely sell it for 3 times what you pay for it.

lol... I was 23, she was freshly 18. Of course, we both still had some wild oats to sow. Her especially, as evidenced by the stickers. lol.

My sister has a 91 Accord, bought it new. She still uses it as a winter driver since her 06 Mustang purchase takes summer driving now.

I get a kick out of the brain washed yammer about those perfect old toyotas and hondas that need nothing to run forever.

Her car was average for reliabilty for the first 100k or so, few problems hardly perfect. One problem was a hit and miss start issue that made it hardly reliable getting stranded alot. Ended up being something simple but still stupid expensive for what it was.

It still is probably ok for reliabilty now but it seems when it breaks and you dig in to fix it you find what broke was a extremely cheaply made part making you think God this thing is poorly made. Then the part is stupid exensive for what it is. Has maybe 130k on it and shes just waiting for the next thing to break and its gone.

A friend has had a few early 90s Accords for beaters, he swears by them but he has hardly had reliable cars in his history to gauge off of.

Plus you will have to be seen in it.

Not to mention once you drive it once, you may not want to anymore.

It still is probably ok for reliabilty now but it seems when it breaks and you dig in to fix it you find what broke was a extremely cheaply made part making you think God this thing is poorly made. Then the part is stupid exensive for what it is. Has maybe 130k on it and shes just waiting for the next thing to break and its gone.

Sounds like my Lincoln :D

the thing that i realized when i started fixing my accord is that i can get a motor and most of the parts in the engine bay replaced for what it would cost to get a pair of control arms for my lincoln. so when the lincoln breaks down ill be down thousands for repairs where the honda would only costs hundreds to replace damn near everything in the car. i love my lincoln and all american car manafacturers. i have had chryslers and fords all my life. never had a gm but hey maybe one day. but for a beater, you cant go wrong when they still have so many parts available for a 1990 accord. as far as reliability goes, they are just as susceptible to recalls, blown motors and costly repairs if not taken care of properly, so in no way am i saying that foreign cars are superior to american cars. the only thing is since the market is flooded with parts for them, sometimes repairs are cheap as hell. but then again, we are comparing a 91-95 honda to a 2003 and up lincoln ls....wtf??!!!

we are comparing a 91-95 honda to a 2003 and up lincoln ls....wtf??!!!

I wasn't comparing it to my LS or any car really. Just saying my sisters 91 broke and still breaks plenty. It has less than average miles, far from what I would say lasting forever range and I would say just ok for reliabilty.

the thing that i realized when i started fixing my accord is that i can get a motor and most of the parts in the engine bay replaced for what it would cost to get a pair of control arms for my lincoln. so when the lincoln breaks down ill be down thousands for repairs where the honda would only costs hundreds to replace damn near everything in the car.

Indeed.

Relatedly, my new 2007 CR-V has been inthe shop twice for big fixes (under warranty). Leaking seal on front axle and then the torque converter (!!!) that just made it in before my 60,000 miles ran out.

I'm looking at an '01 LS now. Pretty cheap but this subject we're discussing will be the only reason I don't get it - expensive repairs that I can't do myself.

Members online

No members online now.
Back