Looking for Curtains

well i definately saw a carriage top on a lincoln ls the ls was like old lady blue color kinda like aqua blue and hte carriage top was a different shade of blue and it looked sooo factory. had lincoln all over it at said carriage top in cursive underneath a lincoln emblem

i don't understand why this is pissing everybody off. he asked if anybody knew where to get some. he did not ask if you liked them, if you wanted them on your car, or if you would pay for them on his car.

nobody's "pissed off", we're just providing our unsolicited opinions:) That's what we do.

If I come to the forum to ask where I can buy a toilet for my LS, I would expect lots of responses.....whether I asked for them or not.

:bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :I
beaups said:
nobody's "pissed off", we're just providing our unsolicited opinions:) That's what we do.

If I come to the forum to ask where I can buy a toilet for my LS, I would expect lots of responses.....whether I asked for them or not.

beaups said:

That was my going to be my next thread. Why do you think I need the curtains?

KevinACrider said:
That was my going to be my next thread. Why do you think I need the curtains?
I am going to have to claim that you dont "need" curtains. There is no reason you could have that window tint wouldnt accomplish. My guess would be something along the illegal route, or your homeless and live out of your car. Either way it still isnt something you "need". One other point you seem to be missing, the pictures posted of the cars with factory shades (not curtains) they still allow light to shine thru. A curtain would essentially block any light and as i have stated before are most likely illegal on your LS. I'd say most anyone wanting curtains is trying to be a pimp which is quite gay.

Ok, not curtains but shades, if you want to get technical. I'm not doing anything illegal, I just like the option to block out everything if I want to.

how bout if you got expensive items in your car that you dont want nobody checkin out and perhaps stealing them... like monitors in your headrests or a PS2 on the floor, or with Christmas coming along, what if you had a bunch of presents in the back that you dont want anyone to steal... haha i dunno, im just thinking of reasons for them...

LennDawg said:
how bout if you got expensive items in your car that you dont want nobody checkin out and perhaps stealing them... like monitors in your headrests or a PS2 on the floor, or with Christmas coming along, what if you had a bunch of presents in the back that you dont want anyone to steal... haha i dunno, im just thinking of reasons for them...

I would use tint, kind of like you did

KevinACrider said:
Ok, not curtains but shades, if you want to get technical. I'm not doing anything illegal, I just like the option to block out everything if I want to.
I guess i can understand that, i have been eating in my car and wished i couldnt be stared at. But that was while sitting still, not driving. There are static cling window shades used for children that can accomplish what you are explaining. I will again state that driving with your windows covered may very well cause some trouble.

Oh I don't plan on driving with them. This is for my back windows only. I've been known to hire a driver from time to time for going out at night.

lseguy said:
Drapes on a limo is one thing.

If there were that much sun, I'd opt for darker tint, or look into getting windowshades that are stock in some 5 and 7 series BMW's

A buddy of mine had an early 2000's model 528 BMW with the factory shades on the rear window and two back seat windows. They were not solid though, let some light through. Kinda like this:

window shades.jpg

Personally I did not like the way they were stashed down in the door panel. It left a slot in the top that looked ugly.

Good luck on your search though.

window shades.jpg

I tell you... you LS guys come up with the darnedest things to argue about...

I'm sure glad there are engine mods for the Mark VIII... I'd hate to be arguing about curtains in my Luxury Sports Car.

This was good reading...

Members online

No members online now.
Back