Looking for scantool for airbag reset/disable.

96hotrodlincoln

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a 96 Mark VIII that was wrecked, that I am currently putting back together. Problem is, both airbags were deployed and I have no intention of replacing them.

I'm looking for a scantool that will reset the airbag system or even disable it, so that the pesky airbag light will go away. Anyone have any ideas where I might be able to find such a thing??? Or, does anyone have this capability?

I dont think you can. I wonder is pulling the air-bag module, if there is one, would do it though.

Do you plan to insure the car? Taking the airbags out could be a big prob if you get in an accident.

Yes, I plan to insure the car. I don't believe you have to replace the airbags though, this is a salvage title car that I wrecked a little over a year ago. Insurance company totaled it because of the airbags. This has become my project car.

I have considered buying used airbags and putting them in there but not hooking them up. I know it's against the law for professional repair shops to not put them in, but individuals are not covered under this law.

There is a great chance jamie97lsc has bags. If I recall he has so many he would put them on his driveway and detonate them for fun. At least, I think it was him..... there is a vid somewhere.

you can buy air bag covers online no air bags but the horns will work [ hicks airbag covers] insurance companies will insure with out them in there

Members online

Back