Looking for used auxiliary water pump

TravisLS8

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey all, ive got a 2000 ls v8 and have no heat at idle. Rev to 2500rpm and bam hot heat. research says auxiliary water pump needs replaced. Local junkyard is $40 and i was hopin i could get one from a member cheaper or with at least more info than "come get er". Lol thanks all!

I'd buy a new one given the fact they're prone to failure on the Gen I. That way you have a warranty to cover you.

I'd buy a new one given the fact they're prone to failure on the Gen I. That way you have a warranty to cover you.

I only paid $250 for the car lol it has 200,000 miles the cheapest new one I found was 400 bucks I think I'll try a used one lol

oh com'on .... 4bills for a Gen1 Aux pump, where you shopping man!

You're looking for the aux coolant pump that is on the passenger side right? Those are around $100. Unless there's some other type of aux pump I don't know about.

... no heat at idle ... research says auxiliary water pump needs replaced.

I only paid $250 for the car lol it has 200,000 miles the cheapest new one I found was 400 bucks I think I'll try a used one lol

1 - your research is incorrect

2 - it's not a water pump you need to resolve your no heat at low idle on GEN 1

3 - it's called a "Auxiliary Coolant Flow Pump"

4 - it's currently 151$ from Tasca's Ebay outlet ~ http://www.ebay.com/itm/23085102108...iewitem=&sspagename=ADME:L:OC:CA:3160&vxp=mtr

5 - follow along please,

Symptoms: No heat at idle and/or low RPM's

Direct Cause: Faulty worn out Auxiliary Coolant Flow Pump.

Correction: Replace Auxiliary Coolant Flow Pump with OEM part only. (p/n 1W4Z-18D473-AA)

See link for my write up ~ Re&Re - OEM Auxiliary Coolant Flow Pump - GEN 1 V8

The "Auxiliary Coolant Flow Pump" is a simple 12V BOSCH pump used to push hot coolant through-
to the interior heater core for passenger cabin heat at low RPM's

They tend to stop working after 10+ years and need replacement to restore interior heat at idle RPM's.

Hope this helps ...

Please consider reading this here thread - GEN I - Understanding Climate Control System - No Heat Information

Specifically this ~ Low heat, No heat, some heat with higher revs

See "pinpoint test H: Insufficient, erratic, or no heat" (GEN 1 specific)

+ while you're down there, replacing the Aux Coolant pump, familiarize yourself with the DCCV aka Duel Climate (Coolant) Control Valve.

You're gonna need one of those as well, when you get the "warm air out the passenger side during A/C"

GL w/ Repair.

Weve had a few days of single digit and below 0 and ive stayed warm. This sounds like more of a pain than its worth. The heat comes from all vents when it works. Its never ice cold. Just luke warm and then hot

Members online

No members online now.
Back