lost keys

sk7499

New LVC Member
Reaction score
does any one know the price on how much it would be to cut a new key for a lincoln ls. I had my keys stolen

The price problem isn't cutting them, it's programming the car's PATS system to allow the key to start it. The key and programming will probably be about $150.

how about the remote transmitter to enter the car do you know the price off hand

$75 to program (doesn't matter how many) at my local dealerships and you can get them on eBay for about $15. I'm not sure what the dealer charges for them. Probably around $40-$50 (WAG)

total at a dealship should cost more that 150 after tax man

how many keys do you have left? It' best to have THREE keys, that way when you lose one you can program a replacement yourself without having to take the car to the dealer and have it hooked up to the scan tool (the self program method requires TWO valid keys). anyone out there with 2 keys go get a third cut (cheap) and you can reprogram yourself VERY easily. this saves a LOT of money (not to mention a trip to the dealer) if and when you lose one.

well i think they charge like what 20 for just the key at the dealship
and then to have the key cut from scratch with them yousing book codes from your vin number or however it is they charg like 125 or 130 for that man

And, according to my 2004 manual, you have to have the car towed into the dealer for them to do all the programming. The manual says something like "It ain't gonna be cheap either".

Could be worse, I hear some of the keys out there are $1,000 each, I think Lexus and Volvo for example. Yeow. Thieves are going to start stealing keys and forget the cars.

Good Luck,

Jim Henderson

um the new mercedes keys are 700 dollars each wholsale
most the keys for those high ends are 700 wholsale some places charg ass mouch as 900 1000
you can find places on ebay that you can get them for 700
or if ppl have stolen ones you can get them on ebay for 200 LOL

you will need buy 2 new keys, have them cut and programed. we charge 30 something for each key and about 55 to program.

Your selling dealer should have your key code on file.

Your dealer will tell you the same thing you need minimum of 2 keys if you have none. The dealer shouldnt charge you any extra to program the remotes if you are having keys done.

Jay

LincolnTech38 said:
you will need buy 2 new keys, have them cut and programed. we charge 30 something for each key and about 55 to program.

Your selling dealer should have your key code on file.

Your dealer will tell you the same thing you need minimum of 2 keys if you have none. The dealer shouldnt charge you any extra to program the remotes if you are having keys done.

Jay
i agreee

I bought a 3rd Transponder key on eBay and got it cut at Lowe's for nothing. Then I used my other two to program it as the manual instructs.

This is my "I'm not paying the dealer $150" key.

Hindsight is 20/20..... get 3 while you're having them cut, that way when you lose one....you still have two and can program more yourself.

yes i agree get 3 when having them cut or atleat drop you insurance deductble to 0 then you can have them calmed on insurance man

Ok, I bought an LS and only got 1 key with the car. I heard about what a bitch it is if you lose your last key, so I decided to get 2 extras made. They charged me $25 a key at the dealership, plus $27.50 to program both of them. So total with tax was like $82. This is contrast to another dealership that is right next to my work that was gonna wrap me somewhere around $150 for 2 keys.

Lesson: Shop around. Not all the dealerships charge the same amounts. One thing I noticed is that the further they were away from the city or ritzy areas, the cheaper it was. Think about going to a Ford or Lincoln dealership in the middle of nowhere, it might save you some money.

Can you use valet key

Can you use the valet key and a regular key to program a third regular key?

02lsv8sport said:
Can you use the valet key and a regular key to program a third regular key?
Some have said no, but the Owner's Manual appears to disagree with that:
Your vehicle comes with three coded keys; additional coded keys may be
purchased from your dealer. The dealer can program your spare keys to
your vehicle or you can program the keys yourself. Refer to the
Programming spare keys section in this chapter for instructions on how
to program the coded key.
<deletias>
Programming spare keys
A maximum of eight keys can be coded to your vehicle. Only
Securilock keys can be used. To program a coded key yourself, you
will need two previously programmed coded keys (keys that already
operate your vehicle’s engine) and the new unprogrammed key(s) readily
accessible for timely implementation of each step in the procedure.
If two previously programmed coded keys are not available, you must
take your vehicle to an authorized Ford dealer to have the spare coded
key(s) programmed.
--2004 Lincoln LS Owner's Guide, pp.150-151
As far as I know, the three keys that come with a new LS are the two drivers' keys and the valet key, so it looks like it can be used to program another key. I don't have a valet key, so I can't test it.

Members online

Back