LS Art/Ideas for Custom Paint Job

RollinLS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
The daughter and I sat down and drew a few ideas using colored pencils. Took me about 30 minutes to draw the LS. I am keeping the Autumn Red, but considering using black, silver, white, red, grey as additional colors.

Which one do you like? If you don't like any of them thats fine. Use the blank drawing of the LS. Do one of your own and post it.

I konw some of them a bit sloppy. The pencils were cheap $1 stare ones. Got the job done for a $1.

LS art 01.jpg

LS art 02.jpg

LS art 03.jpg

LS art 04.jpg

LS art 05.jpg

LS art 06.jpg

LS art 07.jpg

LS art 08.jpg

this is odd.... Im looking at custom paint ideas at the same time. I would say 1,3,8... and 7s good too, but I would have it going the other way

Rollin, add in a poll and allow multiple choice. Itd be easier to keep track of the ones everyone likes

I like the very first one. I think its actually #0. The one that dont look like a Fast and Furious car.

I like the very first one. I think its actually #0. The one that dont look like a Fast and Furious car.

The LS is going to be strictly a "show car". Can't compete at that level with plain stock paint. Its either e custom paint job or a complete color change. The only solid colors the LS looks good in are factory colors anyway. So its either a custom paint job or something loud like....... Brit Brit:rolleyes: ... Don't think so.

If you have an idea, print out the first one. Put your idea to paper or piss off. Quit trying to be like everyone else with your "plain"/stock silver LS.

As for your F&F comment. Go to a local car show and see whats on the streets in street machine and street rod. Then go look at the sport compact guys. You will find all three styles are taking from each other. Its not like it was a few years ago. Everyone is crossing lines and taking a little of this and that.

2 and 4 are tacky. WE KNOW it's a lincoln.

I like 1, maybe 6, and 7.

The idea is a little hard to really discribe on paper. The "grey" areas and "Lincoln" would be airbushed to look like chrome. The white area could be left white or done in an off white/cream color. Its to be more refro looking like the older 50"s Lincolns and there chrome trim. Its just poor execution on my part.

Rollin, add in a poll and allow multiple choice. Itd be easier to keep track of the ones everyone likes

I tried to edit the topic and add a poll. But it will not let me now.

I am sure I will be posting other ideas.drawings later. I will just do a poll with the top choices later on.

#3, 8. Gotta have tribal on the side. 4 is cool, old school.

Def 4 is my fav. I think Im going to throw it in photoshop and do some solid colors if you dont mind.

get laguna seca blue and alpine white BMW paint, two tone it.

Mostly the blue, suttle lines of the alpine white like on the hood lines, inner grilles, maybe a nice small pin stripe down the side.

I think for it to look right you'd have to get rid of the chrome bumper/rear license surround.

Just an idea, sorry I don't have time to color, have to watch the blackhawks!

Four more I came up with. Including #5, whichGot some ideas from "Truckin" magazine.

#9 is flames. Just incase some of you couldn't figure it out.

BTW Some of you might be wondering what the hell is a grown man coloring for. The wife is a nurse and works weekend option. Twelve hour 7am to 7pm shifts every saturday and sunday. So I am "Mr Mom" to our two children. Ages almost 6yrs and 16 months old. It was cold and crappy outside most of the day. So we sat and colored and goofed around inside all day. I will post the duaghters LS drawings later.

LS art 09.jpg

LS art 10.jpg

LS art 11.jpg

LS art 13.jpg

LS art 12.jpg

I like 3,6, and 9. #4 looks like the new paint job Lightning McQueen got while in Radiator Springs LOL. I do like it though. I know you've watched the movie Cars since you have kids.

find it funny your got kids so young yet your LS is called "Baby's Ride" when if your firstborn getting the car anyways? lol

Members online

No members online now.
Back