LS Art/Ideas for Custom Paint Job

If you have an idea, print out the first one. Put your idea to paper or piss off. Quit trying to be like everyone else with your "plain"/stock silver LS.

Like everyone else? Who cares! Stop trying to be like all the fake wanna be tuners and cheap new school low riders.

Take a car with a stock paint job, or even with out the gay homosexual graphics and win a show. Take that challenge! I dare you. The only reason you win if you win is cause you cater to the cheapness of the crowed that follows those shows!

Car show? Show car? Why ask for a opinion in the first place in that case?

I like 3,6, and 9. #4 looks like the new paint job Lightning McQueen got while in Radiator Springs LOL. I do like it though. I know you've watched the movie Cars since you have kids.

Ramone! Do it like Ramone!

It fits the bill of those cheap tuner cause more tho.

find it funny your got kids so young yet your LS is called "Baby's Ride" when if your firstborn getting the car anyways? lol

Before we had kids. The wife and I owned a '96 BMW Z3. We were driving by the local Ford dealer. Wife spotted the LS. We stopped a checked it out. She loved. Test drove it. I wasn't really interested till after the test drive. I was impressed. Shocked that it was Lincoln. Never in my dreams did I ever think I would own a Lincoln. Anyway, we left the dealer. Few weeks later the wife calls me from work at 7:30am. Tells me we are having a baby. I drove up to the Ford dealer and traded in the Z3 for the LS. The LS was sitting in the driveway by 11am that morning. Since, we got the LS because of the daughter. We named it "Babysride". After all, if it wasn't for our daughter, we wouldn't have bought it.

Before we had kids. The wife and I owned a '96 BMW Z3. We were driving by the local Ford dealer. Wife spotted the LS. We stopped a checked it out. She loved. Test drove it. I wasn't really interested till after the test drive. I was impressed. Shocked that it was Lincoln. Never in my dreams did I ever think I would own a Lincoln. Anyway, we left the dealer. Few weeks later the wife calls me from work at 7:30am. Tells me we are having a baby. I drove up to the Ford dealer and traded in the Z3 for the LS. The LS was sitting in the driveway by 11am that morning. Since, we got the LS because of the daughter. We named it "Babysride". After all, if it wasn't for our daughter, we wouldn't have bought it.

And if it wasn't for her...you wouldn't have the best car money could buy :-D lol

nice story!

Like everyone else? Who cares! Stop trying to be like all the fake wanna be tuners and cheap new school low riders.

Take a car with a stock paint job, or even with out the gay homosexual graphics and win a show. Take that challenge! I dare you. The only reason you win if you win is cause you cater to the cheapness of the crowed that follows those shows!

Car show? Show car? Why ask for a opinion in the first place in that case?

Dude, you don't have a clue about car shows. It shows.:lol: Most of the shows I enter are local. I have to show "street machine". Which means I am competing against muscle cars. Winning isn't about what trend you follow. Its about craftsmanship, mods, and having your ride CLEAN. You get judged on everything under the sun. Under carriage, interior, engine, paint, wheels, etc. Most shows will run a simple point system, 50 or 100 points.

Example: exterior might be 20 points, 10 for cleanliness and condition and 10 for custom paint. If your in a modified class with a stock paint, you are at a disadvantage. Its tough enough for me to compete against the muscle cars. Since you mention the crowd(you spelled it wrong), will usually go for the muscle cars. When I win, usually people are shocked. They didn't even realize I was in there class. They assume a Lincoln isn't a "street machine".

Very few shows actually have a class for the LS. An ideal class for it is "Luxury Fullsize". Which I have competed in a handful of shows that actually had a class for it. The ones I have done, I have taken first or second.

Challenged me.:rolleyes: ...........Where should I start? So many shows to choose from. You do know I showed the LS for two years before I got the "gay" pinstripe? Thats right you have only been here a little over a year. You haven't seen all the changes the LS has gone through over the years.

Lets go BIG. That should shut you up.:waving:
World of Wheels St Louis March 2006
http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=19742&highlight=World+of+wheels
http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=19861&highlight=World+of+wheels
First place "Conservative Hardtop 1990-present". First place with STOCK PAINT!!!!!! B!TCH!!!!!!!!!! :N

Matter a fact, I didn't have much done at all to LS. Who was I catering to then?:rolleyes: .... I won seven first place and three second place in 2006 without the "gay" pinstripe and half the mods I have now.

I like 2, but drop the Lincoln and use Ghosted Graphics instead.

Whatever paint scheme I get. There probably will be "ghost graphics" of some kind. My buddies shop is doing the body and paint work. He is cutting me a deal on the price. As long as I let him put his shops name on it. Giving him an eye-brow sticker on the front windshield.

Link to his site. Check it out.
http://sikpaint.net/

Dude, you don't have a clue about car shows. It shows.:lol: Most of the shows I enter are local. I have to show "street machine". Which means I am competing against muscle cars. Winning isn't about what trend you follow. Its about craftsmanship, mods, and having your ride CLEAN. You get judged on everything under the sun. Under carriage, interior, engine, paint, wheels, etc. Most shows will run a simple point system, 50 or 100 points.

Example: exterior might be 20 points, 10 for cleanliness and condition and 10 for custom paint. If your in a modified class with a stock paint, you are at a disadvantage. Its tough enough for me to compete against the muscle cars. Since you mention the crowd(you spelled it wrong), will usually go for the muscle cars. When I win, usually people are shocked. They didn't even realize I was in there class. They assume a Lincoln isn't a "street machine".

Very few shows actually have a class for the LS. An ideal class for it is "Luxury Fullsize". Which I have competed in a handful of shows that actually had a class for it. The ones I have done, I have taken first or second.

Challenged me.:rolleyes: ...........Where should I start? So many shows to choose from. You do know I showed the LS for two years before I got the "gay" pinstripe? Thats right you have only been here a little over a year. You haven't seen all the changes the LS has gone through over the years.

Lets go BIG. That should shut you up.:waving:
World of Wheels St Louis March 2006
http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=19742&highlight=World+of+wheels
http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=19861&highlight=World+of+wheels
First place "Conservative Hardtop 1990-present". First place with STOCK PAINT!!!!!! B!TCH!!!!!!!!!! :N

Matter a fact, I didn't have much done at all to LS. Who was I catering to then?:rolleyes: .... I won seven first place and three second place in 2006 without the "gay" pinstripe and half the mods I have now.

All this sh*t talk yet you acted like a b*tch when you were told it wouldn't be right for you to enter LSOTM until you actually won!

Once again your car wins the shows you direct it towards. Shows that I dont want to know anything about cause the cars look like sh*t to me. Cars with underglows, cars with tacky interior,..etc,.etc.

When I told you to win a show with a stock or solid paint job I meant do that by entering the class that you say is now out of your league! I dont think there is a class that decides where you stand by who has the gayest graphics.

You are a idiot. You talk about me misspelling one word yet I find it funny every post next to this one looks like it was created by a child. Now Im not perfect but rarely do I try to call kettles black in that situation.:rolleyes:

Im sorry you also failed to see the sarcasm behind the fact I was complimenting your car the way it is now.

Im not telling you not to do what you want to your car but IMO I would try my best to win without the corny graphics.

To each his own but I know when I go to car shows I dont even look at cars like yours. Sorry if that offends you but it shouldnt offend a world class show car enthusiast anyway so......

All this sh*t talk yet you acted like a b*tch when you were told it wouldn't be right for you to enter LSOTM until you actually won!

Once again your car wins the shows you direct it towards. Shows that I dont want to know anything about cause the cars look like sh*t to me. Cars with underglows, cars with tacky interior,..etc,.etc.

When I told you to win a show with a stock or solid paint job I meant do that by entering the class that you say is now out of your league! I dont think there is a class that decides where you stand by who has the gayest graphics.

You are a idiot. You talk about me misspelling one word yet I find it funny every post next to this one looks like it was created by a child. Now Im not perfect but rarely do I try to call kettles black in that situation.:rolleyes:

Im sorry you also failed to see the sarcasm behind the fact I was complimenting your car the way it is now.

Im not telling you not to do what you want to your car but IMO I would try my best to win without the corny graphics.

To each his own but I know when I go to car shows I dont even look at cars like yours. Sorry if that offends you but it shouldnt offend a world class show car enthusiast anyway so......

I withdrew from LSOTM. Because no one was entering. I don't need the LSOTM contest to validate my LS or my work.

Can you even read and comprehend. I explained the reason for the custom paint job. Shows are judged on a point scale. Extra points are given for custom paint. I plan to take the LS to the next level. In order to compete at that level. Custom paint is a MUST. The points lost for not having it will cost me in the long run. Especialy when everyone in your class has custom paint. Its to level the playing field.

Since you have been a member, March of 2008. I have only posted pictures of ONE car show I have been to or entered. Oct 12th 2008. Small local show put together by a local car club. There first car show. :eek: .... Apparently, you have me confused with a different member. YOUR A F@#KING LIAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really..... Childish post..... I don't misspell words my 5yr old knows.:rolleyes:

I'd do a simple two tone fade but that's it, I'm not a fan of any of those designs.

I withdrew from LSOTM. Because no one was entering. I don't need the LSOTM contest to validate my LS or my work.

Can you even read and comprehend. I explained the reason for the custom paint job. Shows are judged on a point scale. Extra points are given for custom paint. I plan to take the LS to the next level. In order to compete at that level. Custom paint is a MUST. The points lost for not having it will cost me in the long run. Especialy when everyone in your class has custom paint. Its to level the playing field.

Since you have been a member, March of 2008. I have only posted pictures of ONE car show I have been to or entered. Oct 12th 2008. Small local show put together by a local car club. There first car show. :eek: .... Apparently, you have me confused with a different member. YOUR A F@#KING LIAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really..... Childish post..... I don't misspell words my 5yr old knows.:rolleyes:

Your right. I lie just as well as the archived threads do that show up when people use search!

Again Rollin, nice try.

Your right. I lie just as well as the archived threads do that show up when people use search!

Again Rollin, nice try.

Thats rigth use the search. Check and see how many car shows I have posted since you have been a member. One you retard.

I doubt you would be so bored to search "car shows" just for your own amusement. Then again, you do have almost 5000 post in just over a year. Guess, you really don't have a life. All the posting here and trolling through the search feature. Damn your pathetic.

Thats rigth use the search. Check and see how many car shows I have posted since you have been a member. One you retard.

I doubt you would be so bored to search "car shows' juts for your own amusement. Then again, you do have almost 5000 post in just over a year. Guess, you really don't have a life. All the posting here and trolling through the search feature. Damn your pathetic.

Umm retarded? What does it matter how many you have been to since I joined?

Im retarded and cant understand.

No I dont search car show but when Im looking into things and the topic comes up I open a thread if Im interested in it. Can you understand how simple that is?

Funny, most of my posts are dealing with cocky jerks like you that instigate pointless arguments and have insecure issues with ugly cars. I never had this type of problem with you before and I respected you liking your car or not I kept problematic comments to myself. You really took it to heart that I didnt like your 80's retro homo graphics?

How does one troll a search function:confused:

Umm retarded? What does it matter how many you have been to since I joined?

Im retarded and cant understand.

No I dont search car show but when Im looking into things and the topic comes up I open a thread if Im interested in it. Can you understand how simple that is?

Funny, most of my posts are dealing with cocky jerks like you that instigate pointless arguments and have insecure issues with ugly cars. I never had this type of problem with you before and I respected you liking your car or not I kept problematic comments to myself. You really took it to heart that I didnt like your 80's retro homo graphics?

How does one troll a search function:confused:

What does it matter? Because you said "Once again your car wins shows you direct it towards. Shows that I don't want to know anything about cause the cars look like sh!t to me. Cars with underglowes, Cars with tacky interiors, etc, etc."

Your implying you have seen the cars I have competed against and know what your are talking about. In reality, you don't know chit. Do you? You have NEVER seen any of the topics of the shows I have been to or entered. Yet, you want to speak as if you have. So you are a LIAR!!!!!!!!! Deal with it.

You said "archive threads when people use the search function". Unless you were searching something. There is NO WAY you have seen any topics I have posted about car shows. I have only been to and showed in one since you have joined. So you have used the "search" function.or your a LIAR!!!! Which is it?????

Is that plain enough for you?:D

As usual, you think you know something, but really. You don't know chit. Hows that B!TCH!!!!!!! Have a nice day.:D

Funny, most of my posts are dealing with cocky jerks like you that instigate pointless arguments and have insecure issues with ugly cars:
Did you ever think that maybe you are the cocky jerk with insecure issues because I think that about you all the time but don't say it much anymore because you are not worth it. I still have to remind you from time to time.

wow once again i have to say it...TO EACH HIS OWN... Rollin has one of the Nicest Ls's on this site he knows what hes doin. I like number 11 or 8 tho.

oh yea an look when i joined and look at my posts...HAAHAHHA wowwwww

Thank you for the compliment and the feedback.

I have been a member for almost 4 years. Just under 1100 post. After to day, it will be over 1100 post. Thank you JWerner. I couldn't have done it with you and all your wonderful comments and gift from god advice. Your the greatest. I love you man.;)

ok Im not taking sides in ANY WAY but I have shown my car at a variety of levels

Most shows I've seen judge the paint work. Custom work if done cheaply would lose hands down to a nicely cared for stock paint. A nicely done custom paint job that suits the car that has been propperly cared for will own everything else! Vinyls usually get over looked for people with real paint on their car.

I was in a Mustang/Ford show last year, parked next to a 67 fastback with 10k in paint. I was damn near stock, but had a nicely installed nitrous sytem and you could eat off my engine. My trophy is much bigger than his lack of trophy. There is a TON to be said about workman ship. I had gone the extra mile to make everything I had flawless where guys with custom blowers and what have you all failed to do top level work. Look at how stock she was and how much it was liked:
CIMG1360.jpg

I guess I see what Rollin is saying with top nitch paint work being needed, but it just goes to show you that a stock ish paint can bring home the bacon... like this first place with a wet sand in the "Custom" category:
DSC03368.jpg

see I argue for both sides and still get to sell my baby as being dead sexy!

A stock paint job can compete at a local level. A stock paint job can beat a cheap custom job for sure. On a national level at a BIG shows. Your going to a gun fight with a knife in your hand. Your only other option is outpointing your competition in other areas. Which in most cases, your competition has that covered too. A custom paint job only levels the playing field.

BTW A "good" judge judges on the workmanship. NOT his or her taste. The color may be ugly as hell. If the work is good quality, they give credit.

agreed... except I like that color of LS

Thats why I am sticking to my original Autumn Red. I love the color. You never see it at other car shows or cruises. Its original. Plus, you don't see many custom LSes that color.:lol: .... All you guys are tricking out black ones.;)

thats because the black is the single best suited color for any car of this class hahahaha

Especially luxury cars.:D Back In Black!!!!!:cool:

Members online

No members online now.
Back