Ls guys please come inside

Boyoshi

LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok I am wanting to know if anyone has painted there stock 17's 04 LS V8 sport wheels, I bought the paint hardner clear and some stuff that the paint guy recomended to help it stick. The car is silver and i'm gonna paint them black, If you have any pics please post them. THANKS:D

04 sport wheels? You mean the 8 spoke chrome wheels? I painted part of a 17'' 2000-2002 silver sport rim and just used silver paint to match and high performance wheel clear coat from the auto store. It's held up good. It was hard just painting a little section. Since you're painting the whole rim, it should be easy.

I'm with Alax on this one. SHould be really easy painting them since you're painting the entire rim. Just remember you paint job is only as good as your prep job.

Please take some :GotPics: really interested in how this will turn out

I just got done painting my stock 16" polished alluminum wheels black. Had to sand down the clearcoat then used a self etching primer then paint then clearcoat. The main thing is to be patient. The self etching primer needs a good day to dry. if not you will have to sand it down and start all over again, I learned a hard lesson. I also painted the center caps black. I am going to get thenew tires put on this week, I'll post some pics when they are on the car. So my suggestion is take your time. Also make sure that you wetsand at every stage to get a nice smooth surface. Also get that bottle of surface prep and clean the rims down before you paint them.

Sorry for the bad pics I will clean the car tomorrow and take some better ones but here is a few one before and a few after please give your opinion.

100_3091.jpg

100_3092.jpg

100_3093.jpg

100_3094.jpg

100_3080.jpg

I am gonna paint the crome pieces on the grill and the trunk, and black out the tail lights.

These are my first wheels to paint I have never used a spray gun before, so i'm happy with them. And thanks

With some tire shine it might look a little less in your face. But looks like you did a good job...

With some tire shine it might look a little less in your face. But looks like you did a good job...

Thats what I was thinking. Good job on them though. The rims looks good. We'll have to see how they look on the ls once everything is cleaned and looking good. Good work

not a fan of all black wheels on a light colored LS. Maybe if it had a color matched lip I'd be satified..but all black is too ricer for my taste

Members online

No members online now.
Back