LS Premium to Sport Supsension swap?

SymtecX

LVC Member
Reaction score
i have a 2000 ls premium V8 and i just bought a complete parts car last night that i was told is another premium but when i got it home i noticed it had sst and no chrome trims, i had the vin ran and its actually a sport car. it has severe rear damage is why i got it so cheap. i wanted to know can i just swap out the entire suspension parts and put the complete sport suspension components on my premium? i bought car just for the rear lower control arms since i have bad bushings in my daily and it was cheaper to buy the whole other car than to try and buy the LCA's from anywhere.

Note that the only "sport" parts are the shocks and the sway bars. I'm pretty sure the springs are the same.

You can do it but I would only swap over a few parts assuming they're not any worse than what you currently have. Those being, upper and lower control arms and the steering knuckle that includes the ball joint and hub. Just my opinion, I wouldn't put used shocks on there nor swap the springs considering they're all the same.

If the donor car is also a V8 it will work for a straight swap. Sport suspension stabilizer bars diameters are different for the V8 and V6. Ironically the V6 is a larger diameter than the V8, 32mm vs 31mm for the front. Rear stabilizer bars for the rear are the same diameter for the V6 and V8 sport suspensions.

BTW, the sport suspension makes the car handle much better. I have driven both suspensions and prefer the sport. Much less under steer. Sometimes the sport suspension can be a little rough, especially going over small bumps at low speed, it can really rattle your kidneys, but that is a small tradeoff for better handling.

also has anyone done the heated seats swap before? i done installed the wiring from the shifter to the buttons and installed the buttons but can i remove the heat elements from the seats to put into my seats which are much better shape? and has anyone done the ssl swap? the dealer in my area said they dont know if they can "update" my pcm without me purchasing a new one.... and also should the alpine stereo and audiophile setup swap driectly into my premium amp and all?

You can do it but I would only swap over a few parts assuming they're not any worse than what you currently have. Those being, upper and lower control arms and the steering knuckle that includes the ball joint and hub. Just my opinion, I wouldn't put used shocks on there nor swap the springs considering they're all the same.

everything in the front of mine is brand new from dealer except struts, and the struts on the sport look brand new and i found a receipt for them from 2 years ago in the glove box which oddly has a disc changer in it instead of the trunk like mine

also has anyone done the heated seats swap before? i done installed the wiring from the shifter to the buttons and installed the buttons but can i remove the heat elements from the seats to put into my seats which are much better shape? and has anyone done the ssl swap? the dealer in my area said they dont know if they can "update" my pcm without me purchasing a new one.... and also should the alpine stereo and audiophile setup swap driectly into my premium amp and all?

I'll grant you that the seat question can be a difficult search. Here's a good thread on it.
http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/forum/showthread.php?54278-Changing-your-seats-leather-How-To

On the PCM. You only need to reprogram it if the D4 position on the shifter is important to you. No, a new one is not required to be able to reprogram it. They just have to convince yours that it needs to be manually reconfigured.

I'll grant you that the seat question can be a difficult search. Here's a good thread on it.
http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/forum/showthread.php?54278-Changing-your-seats-leather-How-To

On the PCM. You only need to reprogram it if the D4 position on the shifter is important to you. No, a new one is not required to be able to reprogram it. They just have to convince yours that it needs to be manually reconfigured.

is there a sticky or a walk through to install the heated seats or is it just plug and play, ive installed buttons and harness from buttons to where it connected right behind the shifter assembly i assume its plug n play is there any type of controller or anything for it? just install the elements into my seats and boom it works?

also has anyone else had a problem with the cigarette lighter not working, ive switched it out too and check all the wiring and fuses but it still don't work

You have heated seats now and you are just needing to swap out the elements?
Or - you don't have heated seats and are wanting to add them?

When I get home I'll post the SST swap calibration procedure.

You have heated seats now and you are just needing to swap out the elements?
Or - you don't have heated seats and are wanting to add them?

have heated seats and want to remove all components from them to make them fit and install into the seats i already have in car (much better condition seats)

You should only need to swap the elements. The other parts shouldn't wear out. You'll need some hog rings and hog ring pliers.

and has anyone done the SST swap? the dealer in my area said they don't know if they can "update" my pcm without me purchasing a new one

You will need a willing service department and it should cost an hours labor. That said......

Plug the car into their computer (WDS)
When the computer asks if the displayed VIN is correct enter "NO"
When the WDS asks for the correct VIN enter the car's VIN. Yes, it will be the same number.
The WDS will then ask which calibration to install. Pick one of the sport calibrations (V6 or V8). If you have smog checks you will need a 50-State calibration. The 49-State won't work here in CA.
Install the calibration and you will have access to D4!

If your dealer is one of the good ones they will be excited about learning something new!

Where can I run the vin to see which type of LS I have?

It's an 00 v8 with chrome trim on both bumpers and rims. Wood grain everything inside including steering wheel.

Thank you.

Where can I run the vin to see which type of LS I have?

It's an 00 v8 with chrome trim on both bumpers and rims. Wood grain everything inside including steering wheel.

Thank you.

As you don't have the SST shifter you have the non-sport.

You can swap that disk changer from the glovebox into your car. All the wiring should be there already. You also need to swap out the glovebox liner as it is different than the stock one.

Members online

No members online now.
Back