LS Vinyl Wrap Project

Unexpected bonus....now I see what the contrast of a glossy top looks like.....last pic. Which actually contrasts well with the shine from your dark windows LOL.

I hate the look of shaved door handles. LS has nice ones as far as handles go

lol, we keep wrapping the same things @ the same time. Though, I did hood and you did roof.

I finished the doors on this side. Decided to shoot progress photos to show you guys how it is done!

photo33f.jpg

photo42b.jpg

I think the LS would look nice with shaved handles. Anyone have this done?

Yeah....there are a few out there. One silver one, with suicide doors, has pics on here. That was a relatively recent thread. It is for sale.....for too much money. LOL.

Andrizzle, question for you. Now that you have good portion of the car covered, how do you like it?
Are you gonna keep the look or going to tear it all off down the road?

I think the LS looks pretty good shaved, but the handles don't bother me, either.

Thanks for looking guys, I know it is going slow, but it takes a long time.

I like the look a lot. Photos don't really do it much justice in terms of how the light affects it. If I tear it off, it will be a long ways down the road (too much time put into this thing) - and if I do take it off, I am going to be putting another vinyl right back on. I don't see the point of painting a car anymore (in modding cases) after experiencing vinyl.

great job man, i look forward to seeing this thread and your progress, you have definitely taken the LS scene to a new step....

Any thoughts on leaving the roof the gloss black?

Thanks for looking guys, I know it is going slow, but it takes a long time.

I like the look a lot. Photos don't really do it much justice in terms of how the light affects it. If I tear it off, it will be a long ways down the road (too much time put into this thing) - and if I do take it off, I am going to be putting another vinyl right back on. I don't see the point of painting a car anymore (in modding cases) after experiencing vinyl.

I agree completely. yeah it is time consuming, but it beats the hell out of paying thousands for a paint job.

Planned on doing both doors last night but only got one done. Had a little problem with my 2000 LS the control arm and ball joint broke. So that took up a lot of my time! :(

Ill post some pics once I get the other door done. :)

great job man, i look forward to seeing this thread and your progress, you have definitely taken the LS scene to a new step....

Any thoughts on leaving the roof the gloss black?

Thanks, means a lot that people actually care about seeing these photos.

Haven't thought ofdoing that, but starting out I am definitely wrapping it. That's the beauty of vinyl; Just tear it off!

Taking a break from vinyling panels tonight. Going to wrap the mirrors when I get home from a game tonight. I discovered our mirrors are not two piece (folding anyways) so it is going to be hard as hell. The base part of the mirror is rather complex.

Looks insanely good Drizz. Are you thinking about wrapping the door pillars too or nay?

Posting this @ 3am my time, got no more work done tonight, just got home.

Will be wrapping all day tomorrow. Also the rear bumper is peeling in a lot of spots, going to rip it off and redo it - it is definitely the most complex item to wrap on the LS - and I shouldn't have done it so early in the learning experience.

photo14r.jpg

photo24li.jpg

photo34y.jpg

Looking great man. That sucks about the rear bumper. Just hope that the rear bumper is the only piece you'd have to redo for that reason and that it doesn't happen later down the road ya know.

Looking great man. That sucks about the rear bumper. Just hope that the rear bumper is the only piece you'd have to redo for that reason and that it doesn't happen later down the road ya know.

Yup, I stretched the vinyl too much when doing the indentations, and the tension on some parts was so strong that it eventually popped the vinyl back up over the indentation. No big deal, just a learning experience.

Today the passenger side is being wrapped. Will try to knock out the mirrors tonight. Still have to do the door trim also. (and re install the skirts)

Photos tonight

Great work so far, very impressive. It sucks about the bumper, but now that you have more experience, it should be a breeze.

Phenomenal job, Drizz! I've been off the grid for a few weeks, and coming back to see something like this is flat-out amazing!

Been sick the past couple days so I haven't gotten anything done. Going to try and get at least 2 panels done tonight. Pics soon to come.

Have you attempted mirrors? I have fold mirrors, so I wrapped the triangle base first and am doing the mirror shell next. The base part was so hard. I had to put some seams in it. Just impossible to wrap arOund those angles.

I have everything but the roof and rear quarters done. And of course the mirror shells.

And i still needa redo the rear bumper and put the skirts on. Won't really have time for anything until tomorrow after class. Class starts for me tonight so my wrapping time just diminished greatly.

Have you attempted mirrors? I have fold mirrors, so I wrapped the triangle base first and am doing the mirror shell next. The base part was so hard. I had to put some seams in it. Just impossible to wrap arOund those angles.

I have everything but the roof and rear quarters done. And of course the mirror shells.

And i still needa redo the rear bumper and put the skirts on. Won't really have time for anything until tomorrow after class. Class starts for me tonight so my wrapping time just diminished greatly.

mirrors and door handles im not going to wrap im just going to paint them. i dont even want to mess around with them haha!!!

Members online

No members online now.
Back