LS Vs. Scion tC

jk - I agree with all of your list except the Mustang. While I do like Vette's I also do like Mustangs too. I dont really think that they have become more girly cars at all. I mean heck, the new gen stangs GT's have 300 hp stock. Not bad for a $25,000 car with a little 4.6 N/A. Yes, Ford does make them in the V6 base model too, but that is only smart business in my eyes. People think of mustangs as fast musclecars so why not play into that image, but without making a person pay sooo much. The V6's I could do without, but I do understand Ford's reasoning for having them. Other than that I cannot think of anything else that would make the mustang more girly.

rocket5979 said:
jk - I agree with all of your list except the Mustang. While I do like Vette's I also do like Mustangs too. I dont really think that they have become more girly cars at all. I mean heck, the new gen stangs GT's have 300 hp stock. Not bad for a $25,000 car with a little 4.6 N/A. Yes, Ford does make them in the V6 base model too, but that is only smart business in my eyes. People think of mustangs as fast musclecars so why not play into that image, but without making a person pay sooo much. The V6's I could do without, but I do understand Ford's reasoning for having them. Other than that I cannot think of anything else that would make the mustang more girly.

I understand your point and I do mostly see males driving the new ones. At least where I live I see the Mustangs flooded with females. :dancefool

Ok, my last comment/post was not how I intended it. I meant for it to be none resenting but at the time I was lost for words so I apologize for pissing anyone off(was not my intention) just meant that the way people talked crap about this or that car that is not an LS or equal seemed like these rich kids who has had stuff just given to them. Still cannot word it right but whatever.

Its different when whoever posts this or that about how crappy a certain car is and actually puts down why they think so instead of just saying "that car is a piece" w/out any type of reference as to why they think so.

I don't think the tC is crap, very nice rather, FOR WHAT YOU PAY. Now the kids out there that throw this exhaust and stickers and crap, yea, that makes me hate the car, but its not the cars fault the driver is not smart enough to dress it up and act mature.

Midas78 said:
Not if you like to drive around in a car that is predominately driven by women in your area.

Well at least it is a conversation starter. Get the foot in the door. lol. Notice that I left the rest of the quote out besides the, "flooded with females." part. I had a reason. :Beer

JoeyLincolnMK8 said:
i hate those rat boxes, ever since they started making those "ricer" commericals i am on a mission to destroy them all!

ever notice how much they look like the G35 coupe? I have eaten a few of these little toys in my G Sedan. I have been tested by 2 of these chumps in the last week. They got beat down like a bad weed... I felt bad for em and even sorrier for the G coupe owners that have to deal with these little mosquitos that look just them.

damn this post makes me want to go out there and look for a TC and challenge $200 if they could beat me already on my " LOOK AT MY TAILIGHTS LIST" are:

acura integra (any year)
acura NSX
acura legend
acura TL ( any year but the 04 to 06 model almost gave me a run for the money litteraly
honda civic / accord / preludes
toyota celica/camry
BMW 3 series
MERCEDES 500 ( i dont know how i pulled that one off i think he had his traction cotrol on and the pavement was kinda wet and i had mines off but hey he mad the list)

now i need to at any scions to my list and my friend has a tiburon and he dont want to race THAT BIG P***Y...
does any one else whants to share their list or even have on.

Acura NSX??? Are you sure??

chocolat1701 said:
damn this post makes me want to go out there and look for a TC and challenge $200 if they could beat me already on my " LOOK AT MY TAILIGHTS LIST" are:

acura integra (any year)
acura NSX
acura legend
acura TL ( any year but the 04 to 06 model almost gave me a run for the money litteraly
honda civic / accord / preludes
toyota celica/camry
BMW 3 series
MERCEDES 500 ( i dont know how i pulled that one off i think he had his traction cotrol on and the pavement was kinda wet and i had mines off but hey he mad the list)

now i need to at any scions to my list and my friend has a tiburon and he dont want to race THAT BIG P***Y...
does any one else whants to share their list or even have on.

only 2 imports i would not think about burning with my ls........

subaru wrx (4wd)
mitsubishi lancer evo

i won't even try. they'll make the ls look stupid!!!!

so far, here's my list of "burnt" cars

2001 mustang gt
2005 dodge durango "HEMI" sport........(dodge sucks........except for the charger and cuda)
2002 camaro (V6)

2 thumbs up on your victory over the "TC", but please.......let it go next time...stick with the v8s......more of a challenge). it's like trying compare a honda R6 with a specialized hardrock.

waltdeuce said:
only 2 imports i would not think about burning with my ls........

subaru wrx (4wd)
mitsubishi lancer evo

i won't even try. they'll make the ls look stupid!!!!

so far, here's my list of "burnt" cars

2001 mustang gt
2005 dodge durango "HEMI" sport........(dodge sucks........except for the charger and cuda)
2002 camaro (V6)

2 thumbs up on your victory over the "TC", but please.......let it go next time...stick with the v8s......more of a challenge). it's like trying compare a honda R6 with a specialized hardrock.

your right my co-worker has a STI and he did make me look like a complete *ss but i think the LS can take on a regular wrx , now was the 2005 dodge durango "HEMI" sport a challenge becouse it is a HEMI, i will try to find one on my way home today need to put a HEMI on my list too.

I raced a Neon SRT-4 a few nights ago on a dead stretch of highway I-43. We went from 70-120. He pulled me about a fender-length initially because I wasn't really sure if he was going to race and then once we both got on it I gained a little ground but we pretty much stayed dead even till he either let off or hit the limiter (if those cars have one). I was surprised I stayed as even with him as I did.

My good friend has a Evo, They are stupid fast compared to the LS, All wheel drive too. It has a snap your neck launch, and darn fast on the fly. He's done a few things to it, its strange to see a car break all four loose hitting 2nd, not just a squack either.

NSX? What?

Speaking of them beautiful cars I got to drive one that was modded to its life and had almost 500 HP. Got talking w/ this guy at an acura dealer and told him about this one NSX they had and how I'd love to have one and he lit up and said follow him and when I came around the side of the building I about had an orgasm in my pants. The car was just unbelievable, had a kit, lowered almost on the ground, racing tires and rims and just looked like it would beat the snot out of anything that pissed it off.

He got in and started it and I was like "wwwwwwoooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwww" and than almost passed out when he got out and said "so, you gonna take it for a spin?" Got in shaking like I had not eat in days, just ran from the cops and got shot lol. Put it in gear and almost stalled it out trying to take off easy. He told me the car was meant for high revs and wanted almost begged for them so I should not be afraid.

Got on the road and got behind guess what? An STi w/ the driver looking in his mirror and than whipped around to make sure he was seeing what was behind him. He takes off like a spanked pup and whips into the left lane to give me a chance and I just shifted to second and went just past 1/2 throttle and had him no problem and we hit this long(high speed if you want too) on-ramp to I485 and the guy goes "c'mon, get it up there." So I nail it back to 2nd, rpms got to almost 7000 rpm and its pulls like rocket I shift a 7900 and it felt like it dogged or still had more to go. We hit the end of the on-ramp as I hit 3rd gear(6-speed) and were doing almost 100 I shot between two cars(plenty of room) and just blew by the few cars that were there and by about 140 and still going like it was just cruising I said "screw it" and let off and shifted to 5th and than 6th. Guy tells me the car likes to go too about 8200rpm before shifting to get its peak power and best times.

Guy lives in Asheville, NC and he made my dream come true and than some. I just wanted to drive a regular NSX but one w/ almost 500 to the wheels is better. He said when he was younger and the NSX came out he fell in love and a guy he knew let him drive his so he said it was nice to repay the favor and was really surprised how I handled the car even though he claimed it won't let you get in trouble. Handled like it was on rails(maybe better) and response to everything was perfect, not surprised if it was not a realtime racing nsx lol besides a somewhat full interior and none of that realtime look.

So for the long post, just the best thing that has ever happened to me.

And my kill list is pretty big, most of the races were when I had my z24, '03 cav. coupe. Not so much w/ the LS but the tC kid/punk was asking for it and I enjoyed it very much. I like putting punks in their place especially when they think my car is nothing but an oldmanmobile.

Beamer, yea man that's cool.. I would love to drive one of those..

I haven't driven very fast moded cars, but when I drove a new M3 (with exhaust) I was so surprised and amazed that I was shaking when I came out of the car.

I have driven a new CL600, it was very fast, very, but it wasn't very exciting to drive, especially compared to M3, so I imagine what the NSX would do and moded like that, damn man, I gotta drive one..

Ive said it before, and ill say it again. Remember Pearl Harbor!!!!!

Yea, if I ever have that kind of money I just may get me one, but there are some more important things than a car that costs close to a small house. Remember Hiroshima? lol, think that was alittle worse :).

Ok, now it sounds like something.. I mean now it sounds like a victory.:cool:

chocolat1701 said:
:eek: damn you are right i meant a ACURA RSX my bad, now thats a huge difference lol

HyeLifeLS said:
Ok, now it sounds like something.. I mean now it sounds like a victory.:cool:
yea i know i had to double check on the acura website to get the model numbers right, you see THIS would have never happened if car comanies still had names for their cars instead of just random letters and numbers , COME ONE PEAPLE what ever happened to the names like CHARGER, LEGEND, SHELBY, now we just have TL, RX, abc, 123 etc... lets bring the names BACK.. and this comes from a person that owns a " LS" lol... hmmm i wonder what names will do you guys would name the LS if you had to give it a actual DICTIONARY name like charger or phantom...

Not to steal the thunder away from the LS but I also love screwin with ricers in my Conti aka the Granny Mobile lol , I attend a high school where the parking lots flooded with civics, forenzas, and saturns and nothing makes me happier then knowing I could own each and everyone one of them. Just cuz you put eurotails and a gay ass spoiler on your car doesn't mean you've got a race car I screw with those guys down the strip every chance I get. I love seeing a Ricer and cranking up my System and pulling up alongside then Hauling Ass and watchin them in my rear view and putting away the stereotype that im drivin an old persons car.... :rolleyes: LINCOLNS AREN"T GRANNY CARS ;)

lol these little punks think they are fast and furius but when you whip them they get furius really fast.. i had a ricer look like this :eek: when i whiped him and did it again and gave him a head start the second time, told him not to by a MATCHBOX car anymore next time get some american muscle.

Yea I think the LS's name sucks, Lincoln should have came up with something more creative, then just Luxury Sedan, duh, I know that it's a sedan and it has some luxury, so what else is it?

Talking about Phantom, I am was at my friend's wedding today and their limo was a white Phantom, that car is guorgeus.

chocolat1701 said:
yea i know i had to double check on the acura website to get the model numbers right, you see THIS would have never happened if car comanies still had names for their cars instead of just random letters and numbers , COME ONE PEAPLE what ever happened to the names like CHARGER, LEGEND, SHELBY, now we just have TL, RX, abc, 123 etc... lets bring the names BACK.. and this comes from a person that owns a " LS" lol... hmmm i wonder what names will do you guys would name the LS if you had to give it a actual DICTIONARY name like charger or phantom...

yea the phantom is a dream, NOW thats a good name when you say PHANTOM peaple know what you talking about.

Members online

Back