LS with cutsom front end

LS_Monk

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I tried my car as a compact. Just doesn't look as nice.

My soon to be wife. Was driving my car to get me a tim hortons coffee and on the way back hit a guy making a turn accross the street. HIS FAULT and admitted it to her, myelf, his boss (he was in a work van) and the police. So they are paying for everything. I am now drive and for about 2 weeks a 2007 white pontiac grad prix. (not a gtp) Anyways going to be putting the 2006 front fascia on now.

PICT0002.jpg

PICT0001.jpg

ouch, looks better than mine did after a truck drove over the front of it if it makes ya feel better lol

That sucks... Good that you get a new front bumper of your choice for free though!!

Did the grill get completely screwed? If it's still usable, i'll buy it if you're geting a new one. That's the same color as my LS i believe

That's messed up, well, make sure you get the lower black trim painted the same color as the car and maybe you could get a rear sport bumper too so there won't be chrome.

I am now drive and for about 2 weeks a 2007 white pontiac grad prix. (not a gtp) Anyways going to be putting the 2006 front fascia on now.

LOL, I got stuck in a Red Grand Prix when someone hit my rear bumper. Made me miss my LS that much more.

Gotta love Windsor drivers - think they got lessons from the nutjob drivers across the river :rolleyes:.

My sister's car got smashed down there too (her sister in law was driving it).

The grille is a twisted mess. The women is fine. And as for the lower grille I want it same as it was, painted black (the chrome lse trim would look silly with it painted the same as the car). The air bags did not go off. But she was doing about 60 km when she hit him.
As for the rental. I want to trade my winter beater for it but NOT the LS. ( winter beater is 94 intrepid)

It hurts to look at these pics though. When I drove up to see her my heart dropped.
But she will be as good as new next week.
Good luck to the body shop for trying to figure out those 2005 HIDs on the 2000. lol

Gotta love Windsor drivers - think they got lessons from the nutjob drivers across the river :rolleyes:.

My sister's car got smashed down there too (her sister in law was driving it).

Yeah, Tell me about it....I almost got hit this morning on my way to work.
Good thing I know how to drive! :D

If he did frame damage that would make the front end of 'our cars' weak, that damage doesn't look very serious, look at the front left wheel arch, the wing/fender isn't kinked or anything.....

With luck that's a 'fairly' straight forward repair, good luck to ya.

Aint nothing a little ducktape and superglue can't fix!

You'll probably need a hood, bumper, grille, headlights....maybe a core support at most.

a/c condensor, and both xenon headlights too. The insurance company has talked about righting the car off. All the time I have into it, with the fontend and stereo I wasn't all that impressed. I find out tomorrow what they are going to do. Hopefully the fix it.

Just an update I got the 06 bumper on (Its brand new take off with one scratch on the bottom. Dealer just replaced it instead of fixing it. I have to paint it anyways because its green) . They ordered the brand new HID`s. I also got the pigtails this time too. Didn't want to void the warranty on the lights. I also got a 06 hood put on. All brand new ford brackets. I had to also replace the cowl because of the washer nozzles getting relocated. The lse grill they ordered me a new one because one of the clips is broken and I fussed. The best part the insurance is paying for everything. The body shop said its should be close to $9400. I have seen all bills too. Its insane the money Lincoln parts are.

ur telling me.. the insurance didnt pay anything on mine damnit

That's cool man. Don't forget to color matched the rest of the lower body work.

That's cool man. Don't forget to color matched the rest of the lower body work.

Do you mean the grained black plastic underneath? I heard its not as easy as sand and paint there is some kind oil in the palstic that paint doesn't like to stick too. I think I am just going to keep my eyes out for 2002 lse side skirts. I don't care for the 04+ lse side skirts

No the air bag didn`t deploy.

yeah the rad was leaking and the a/c condensor was broken.

With all the lightweight materials these cars are made of they are not very durable in an impact it seems.

well she is all done. I just snapped the new cowl in for the winshield washer nozzles. Also installed the new console. Put my new sub box in the back and ready to ride. Just wawiting for some parts from vivid to install the headrest monitors.

If any one is intrested in the side marker lights for tinting or clearing out I am selling them for $25. They are in great shape.
I also have the old 2 piece cowl.
The 2000-2002 headlight mounting bar.
Tan non-woodgrain steering wheel.
The flip out cup holder with lid.
Also my old kicker box with cast graphics on the front. Its a 2.25 cu ported box made by kicker.

DSCN0726.JPG

DSCN0725.JPG

Members online

No members online now.
Back