lugnut lock ?

lincolnboy

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
does lincoln place lugnut lock on their cars. today i was trying to change my shock and i cant find my key to take the lugnuts off. it came w/ the car when i bought it and dont know if it a factory or aftermarket.

I know that all 3 of my Mark VIII's had lock lugs, and came like that from the factory. If you have problems, you can purchase the craftsman bolt out kit and it has the necessary implement to get the lock lug off....but you will hafta buy new lock lugs too....cause it will destroy them.

MarkVIII93 said:
Look in your glove compartment. It will be in a small brown envelope.

Mine was in the trunk attached to the jack on all 3 of my Mark VIII's.

1wykdmk8 said:
Mine was in the trunk attached to the jack on all 3 of my Mark VIII's.
Really? huh, well my spare tire had been on the car when the previous owner had it. Maybe they were just too lazy to put it where it belongs?

MarkVIII93 said:
Really? huh, well my spare tire had been on the car when the previous owner had it. Maybe they were just too lazy to put it where it belongs?

Most likely.....lol.

i had the key but lost it. would i be able to get a key from the dealer. the lock has rigis on it.

I lost mine once for a previous car. I took it to a shop and they had a shoebox full of different keys. They found one that almost fit and pounded it on and then removed the wheel.

I didn't know they had locking nuts. That must be why my car was missing one lug nut off of each wheel when I bought it.

all my Lincolns had locking lugs, even my '85 T-Bird Fila.

I lost one once and the dealer wanted $100 to remove JUST THE ONE.

I went to Sears, bought the tool and back to Ford for new set of locking lugs all for under $60.

I had them on my '98, and, of course, the key got misplaced. Went to the local Lincoln dealer, asked them nicely, and they removed all 4 of them with the master set of keys that they all should have. Cost me $0 and a thank you.
A couple of local tire places wanted 80$ per wheel.

no they are different you just got really lucky that it fit, the dealer should have a master kit, that is if they have the kit, you could pound a socket over it and use a breaker bar i use a 22mm impact socket it usually fits over with a big friggen hammer just make sure its a black impact socket or the chrome ones will break

My 91 had factory locks, it was attached to the lug wrench. My 96 and 02 don't oddly enough. My 84 had the factory locks and I lost it during the frame swap and only had one wheel still mounted when it was lost. In the trunk the factory key number was listed on the bottom side of the trunk lid, I called the number, $10, had a key a few days later.

Those locking lugs are fairly simple to get off without the key. Slip a tight fitting 1/2 inch drive socket over the lug nut and pound it down with a hammer. Attach a breaker bar, pull, and off the nut will come. The value of the locking lug nut is minimal since it's easily defeated. IMO, just using standard lug nuts is alot easier going forward.

Members online

No members online now.
Back