LvC I Really Need Your Help!

Kamikaze

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Like my old thread said I'm about to buy an LS I need your opinion on the deal. I'm going to pick it up Wednesday so speak now or forever hold you peace hahaha! For real though if anyone thinks this is a bad deal please let me know cuz I dont wanna be stuck with a junker. Thank You!

2002 Lincoln LS V6 (V6 is necessary to save gas)
82,448 Miles
$13,000
Automatic

3 Year/75k mile Full Service and Repair bumper to bumper warranty included.

-and-

Air Conditioning
Anti-Lock Brakes
CD Changer
Keyless Entry
Center Arm Rest
Chrome Wheels
Cruise Control
Custom Wheels
Dual Air Bags
Dual Sport Mirrors
Fog Lights
Gauge Cluster
Intermittent Wipers
Leather Interior
Moon Roof
Power Driver's Seat
Power Door Locks
Power Mirrors
Power Steering
Power Windows
Rear Defroster
Tachometer
Tilt Wheel
Traction Control
Trip Odometer
AM / FM Radio
Beverage Holders
Bucket Seats
Climate Control

I got my 02 LSE V8 with 38K for $15,500 I believe. I think you can get one with less miles if you are patient and look. If it's the car you "gotta have" I say buy it though.

v8 > v6, 84,000 for 13,000 is just WAY too much, especially for a v6, and you can pick up way cheaper LSes with way less miles.

I got my 02 V8 for 13,500 w/55k. I think you could get them to knock another grand off of it, it would be a pretty good deal.
The warranty sounds good, but you need to look at the paperwork for it and make SURE it will cover what you might need. Balljoints, control arms, sway bar bushings, ignition coils, airbag components, transmission solenoid/ valve body, etc. Those are some of the main issues with these, and they're generally not cheap to fix.

And the V6 doesn't do any better on gas than the V8 does. I had the same thought when I started looking for mine, V6 = better mileage, but I found out they were rated the same by the EPA, so I opted for the extra power in the V8.

6 mos ago there was a 2002 LSE with 50k miles for $12,900 (Minneapolis). It looked new inside and out. Not one scratch or ding anywhere. It drove like new too. Ive seen several in that price range. The v6ers are going for closer to $8-10k with that kind of mileage here. I almost bought that LSE, but found my '06 LS sport with 15k miles for $20,000. I would say not to even bicker with the guy, as he is way above where he should be. Go find a really nice V8with alot lower miles for that kind of money.

J

I have both V6 ('00) and V8 ('06). The V6 gets <1mpg better than the V8 around town, and the same (sometimes less) on the freeway. There is too much weight the V6 has to haul around. Now, if you're talking 03+, then I don't know.

Oh yea. Unless it has memory seats, it is a base V6 and not worth more than ~$9K! Trade-in is probably upper $5Ks.

Hate to break it to you, but I picked up my 2000 LS V6, with a couple more options, 64K miles, for $6000...

Don't do it Kamikaze. There are way more LS's with more options, V8, and for less money. As posted above, V6 has to haul around this heavy car. Go V8. You'll be kicking yourself for spending that much on the V6.

What color is the LS?

A 3 year warranty is certainly worth something extra. Especially on a high mileage luxury car like that.
But what's the 75k part... are they saying you can go another 75k up to 157,000 miles and still be under your bumper-to-bumper warranty? That could be worth thousands in repairs. Or are they being sneaky and the warranty doesn't apply to you since you're already over 75k? :rolleyes:

I bought my 01 v6 back in the summer of 04. paid 14K out the door, tax title and license. Wish i had the V8 though. Dont do it, not a solid deal at all. Granted mine didnt include the warrenty but it was 2k more. Keep looking, you'll find something a lot better.

I have both V6 ('00) and V8 ('06). The V6 gets <1mpg better than the V8 around town, and the same (sometimes less) on the freeway. There is too much weight the V6 has to haul around. Now, if you're talking 03+, then I don't know.

That's definitely good to hear cuz I do love the V8!!!!

Don't do it Kamikaze. There are way more LS's with more options, V8, and for less money. As posted above, V6 has to haul around this heavy car. Go V8. You'll be kicking yourself for spending that much on the V6.

What color is the LS?

Ok that makes a lot of sense it has to strain more so it burns more gas I'm guessing and it's Black btw.

A 3 year warranty is certainly worth something extra. Especially on a high mileage luxury car like that.
But what's the 75k part... are they saying you can go another 75k up to 157,000 miles and still be under your bumper-to-bumper warranty? That could be worth thousands in repairs. Or are they being sneaky and the warranty doesn't apply to you since you're already over 75k? :rolleyes:

75k more miles.

Dude, for $8500, I'll sell you my 2000 LS V8 Sport with a newly replaced 89k mile motor (and that puppy was clean when it was put in). It's got two sets of wheels/tires, body/paint is in smokin' shape, and it even has a laser jammer on it. Chassis has about 130k on it.

The mileage on the V6 is almost the same as the V8. It still sucks down premium gas in copious amounts.

Given that there is almost no difference you should buy the V8. I wish I had.

I agree. My v6 chugs gas like the 454 big block in my '66. But I got a good deal on my 2004 v6. Paid $15,300 with 21k miles

DSC01278.jpg

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i9/Nickysick/DSC01280.jpg

The price is a little high. Is it at least a sport model?

V6 gets poor gas milage, I average 18mpg with a lot of freeway driving. I think some of the advantages of the V6 over V8 are that the car itself is less loaded and in case of LS that is a good thing. Less things might go wrong with the car, no memory seats, no seat heaters, no messege center and the coil and gasket problems are less common.

But all that said, I would buy a V8 if I was to buy an LS again, or at least an 03+ V6.

Dude, for $8500, I'll sell you my 2000 LS V8 Sport with a newly replaced 89k mile motor (and that puppy was clean when it was put in). It's got two sets of wheels/tires, body/paint is in smokin' shape, and it even has a laser jammer on it. Chassis has about 130k on it.

No thanks I wouldn't buy a 2000 for anything more then 6k but I wouldn't buy a 2k at all so....

You guys are right though I found a v8 with navi 72k miles for 12k in LA I'ma check it out tommorow.

Members online

No members online now.
Back