Major Problem and a minor one

Mass-HoleLS

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi,

First the Major problem:

My transmission has been acting up a lot lately. To be more specific, if i am driving down the highway at normal speed(72mph or so) and I go to floor it my trans will downshift to 4th fine but then when it tries to go to 3rd it starts studdering and bogging and then will just lets go. I will literally be rolling down the highway with no torque getting to the wheels and the engine free revving. The DTC(information center) will beep and and say check transmission, then after about ten seconds the trans will reengage and go on like nothing is wrong.

Some side information on the problem:
  1. The trans is tuned via my SCT flasher, when this first started happening my first thought was the tune. I returned the car to stock which ended up making it worse, more frequent, and requiring less throttle to cause it.
  2. The trans will freak out on the 4-3 shift in both D5 and SST. If its in SST when it does it the computer reverts back to D5(the DTC also says D5) even though the shifter is still in SST
  3. I believe the car is fine in all other gear shifts. It will launch hard off the line with no issues

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what the issues are or any good news for me(meaning that its unlikely that whole tranny is going :)

My minor problem:

My car smells like mold, I believe it is coming from the trunk but i cannot find it. I have sprayed things down to try to kill it to no avail. Does anyone know where it might be and also does anyone have any suggestion on how to get rid of it? Can u "fumigate" the car?

Thank you for any help or suggestions.

Not sure about the transmission issue but for the mold smell, have you changed the cabin filter?

Have you pulled the cover up to see if you have any water in the spare tire compartment?

its very possible you have water by the spare, mine starts to smell when i get water in there and i just dry it up with a towel

Members online

No members online now.
Back