Mark For Sale

NJack2AF

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
Hey my 1995 Mark VIII is still for sale. Engine is done for. The rest of it is fine, aside from little problems here and there. Tranny is good. Electronics all work. Also have a BRAND NEW lowered spring kit for sale. Let me know.

$400+ shipping for kit

$900 obo for the car

It's in Fort Wayne, Indiana. (46804) The interior is ivory? I believe that's right. I will try to get pictures but I am attending college right now away from home. Since this was my car I have no way to go back unless my dad stumbles across a car for me this week sometime, or a friend goes back home this weekend. Really not a bad deal at all, $900 isn't bad for having a bunch of stuff to swap to another car. Outside is black.

I forgot to say that it has a recently rebuilt 220 amp HO alternator in it. (Cost me around $400 alone) I also have the OEM alt which is pretty new as well for sale, make offers. Theres a story behind the alts and if you are interested it's about 5 lines down...

Okay so I got a sound system, 3000w rms amplifier for the subs and needless to say it beat my stock alt senseless after a while. I got the HO alt built by Excessive Amperage and got it installed, worked great. After a month the voltage regulator on it broke. I sent it back but needed to have an alternator while it was being fixed which took forever so I took out the sound system and put a new OEM alt in. When I got the HO alt back I had it put back in so I could have the sound system again and then the engine broke down so I still have the OEM alt and the HO alt.

BTW to describe what is wrong with the engine, I think it dropped a valve but I didn't realize it at first and when I got it to the shop they found that it had no compression in... I forget what cylinder.. I left it sit for like 2 weeks when I tried to start it again since I had decided I didn't want to pay more than the car was worth and the noise that it made scared the mechanic that was by it so bad that he jumped and ran about 10ft. I decided not to screw with it anymore and had it towed to where it is sitting now awaiting someone who wants it.

There is the lowdown. Thanks guys.

Oh yeah there is a yellowtop in the car as well.

NJack2AF said:
It's in Fort Wayne, Indiana. (46804) The interior is ivory? I believe that's right. I will try to get pictures but I am attending college right now away from home. Since this was my car I have no way to go back unless my dad stumbles across a car for me this week sometime, or a friend goes back home this weekend. Really not a bad deal at all, $900 isn't bad for having a bunch of stuff to swap to another car. Outside is black.

I forgot to say that it has a recently rebuilt 220 amp HO alternator in it. (Cost me around $400 alone) I also have the OEM alt which is pretty new as well for sale, make offers. Theres a story behind the alts and if you are interested it's about 5 lines down...

Okay so I got a sound system, 3000w rms amplifier for the subs and needless to say it beat my stock alt senseless after a while. I got the HO alt built by Excessive Amperage and got it installed, worked great. After a month the voltage regulator on it broke. I sent it back but needed to have an alternator while it was being fixed which took forever so I took out the sound system and put a new OEM alt in. When I got the HO alt back I had it put back in so I could have the sound system again and then the engine broke down so I still have the OEM alt and the HO alt.

BTW to describe what is wrong with the engine, I think it dropped a valve but I didn't realize it at first and when I got it to the shop they found that it had no compression in... I forget what cylinder.. I left it sit for like 2 weeks when I tried to start it again since I had decided I didn't want to pay more than the car was worth and the noise that it made scared the mechanic that was by it so bad that he jumped and ran about 10ft. I decided not to screw with it anymore and had it towed to where it is sitting now awaiting someone who wants it.

There is the lowdown. Thanks guys.

Oh yeah there is a yellowtop in the car as well.

Hope you get it sold on your terms.

had this been 4 months ago, id have the trailer on the truck headed your way. I'm in colorado now.

I'm also moving this to the proper forum.

Mike

94m5 said:
Hope you get it sold on your terms.

had this been 4 months ago, id have the trailer on the truck headed your way. I'm in colorado now.

I'm also moving this to the proper forum.

Mike

Cool thanks. Actually a local guy back home that I sold my previous wrecked mark viii to is taking a look at it tomorrow. My dad is gonna show it to him and he seems interested, I'm pretty sure he will buy because this one has a bad engine and the other one had a bad body lol. Makes for for a nice mix.

Sounds like the typical valvespring problem found on 95's. Probably one valvespring gone and nothing else. I would take off the valve cover and see which spring it is and then replace. I have seen several people make a lot of money off of these cars when people think the engine is toast and it's not.

marked8 said:
Sounds like the typical valvespring problem found on 95's. Probably one valvespring gone and nothing else. I would take off the valve cover and see which spring it is and then replace. I have seen several people make a lot of money off of these cars when people think the engine is toast and it's not.

Nah I don't think that's it. It has dropped valves before, and when it happened it was more than one. This is definitely worse whatever it is. I have NEVER heard a car make the noise that this one was making when I tried to start it up after it was at the shop. It really sounded like it was going to explode, and it started for like 3-5 seconds and sounded HORRIBLE and I couldn't get it above 2-300 rpms. :( O well I think I'm going to try something a little faster this time... like a WS6 TA :D

Well the camera got here but before I got a chance to go back home and take pics for you guys, a guy that had looked at it decided to buy. Car is sold. Thanks for looking.

Members online

No members online now.
Back