Mass Air Flow Sensor Reset???

lightman02

LVC Member
Reaction score
I was working on my car and had to remove it in an emergency situation. However my Air flow sensor wire was disconnected and triggered the check engine light. I have to get the car inspected and thats the only code I see with the scanner and all emmission monitors are in a passed state. I don't want to clear the codes because it will reset all the monitors and I am already overdue for inspection. So my question is how to get this to clear on it's own?? Do I have to drive a certain distance or does it depend on how many times the car is started and run through self tests??

Any obdII scanner should be able to clear it out. If you have an Xcal, that will do it too. Otherwise, just stop by autozone (or similar) and they can do it for you.

Any obdII scanner should be able to clear it out. If you have an Xcal, that will do it too. Otherwise, just stop by autozone (or similar) and they can do it for you.

the point is if he resets the computer then all of his monitors will also be reset and he wont pass inspection, he sdaid that he already has the scanner.

I was working on my car and had to remove it in an emergency situation. However my Air flow sensor wire was disconnected and triggered the check engine light. I have to get the car inspected and thats the only code I see with the scanner and all emmission monitors are in a passed state. I don't want to clear the codes because it will reset all the monitors and I am already overdue for inspection. So my question is how to get this to clear on it's own?? Do I have to drive a certain distance or does it depend on how many times the car is started and run through self tests??

It's a certain amount of cycles, but I don't remember how many. For some reason 7 comes to mind.......

I think that it's both. Sorry, I don't have any details. Call the testing place and ask if they can pass it with your explanation and the fact that the fault is no longer present. I think that in some states there is an allowance for a single, minor, issue.

I don't think it resets everything when you delete the one code but I could be wrong.

I think that it's both. Sorry, I don't have any details. Call the testing place and ask if they can pass it with your explanation and the fact that the fault is no longer present. I think that in some states there is an allowance for a single, minor, issue.

I'll try doing the 7 cycles and see what happends. As far as explanation, I live in NJ, enough said!!

Members online

No members online now.
Back