miss question

slenherr

LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a little miss at idle and is sluggish from half to full throttle. Not getting any codes is it possible to have coil going bad and computer not catching it. Its a 2000 ls8 thanks for any help

Check your valve covers. If they're leaking oil onto the coils, the coils will not respond as they should. Yours is a very old LS, so problems like this are to be expected. How many miles, btw?

yes - mis-fires actually have to be pretty bad before a CEL will come on.

It has 55000 miles and just did the vc 3 weeks ago and new plugs. didnt replace the coils. will they not show up on codes if there starting to go bad should I replace them

if they are going bad - the mis-fires will just get worse and worse until it will finally throw a code.

this afternoon wife was comming home and check engine light comes on not blinking steady on. If it was a miss fire the light would blink is that correct

the engine light never blinks (that I know of) - when it comes on there is a code that will tell you the reason. We need a scan tool - or go to pep boys, autozone, ...etc - and they will read it for free.

when my #4 coil failed my check engine light blinked.....

Members online

No members online now.
Back