mods not working

93hotrodlincoln

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I took my mark to the track in the spring for a base line and had a best run of 15.23 @ 93.96. since then I have installed a chip and a MAF with cone filter I took it to the track last night and had a best run of 15.302@95.86. Dose any know what is wrong?

Assuming everything mechanically in sound, isn't it hotter outside right now that it was in the spring?

Your higher MPH means you have more HP now. You are just not hooking it.You need to show us your old timeslip and your new one so we can check it out.

First I think your expectation for your mod is a little high!

There could be many reasons why your ET was lower:
did you have the same tire pressure?
do you weigh more now?
did you have stuff in the trunk?
did you race on a cold track? on a hot track you stick better.
was the fuel tank filled at the same level?
was your responce time the same?
did you spin your tires more on the line? That could acount for your higher mph and lower ET.

And the moditication that you have, I wouldn't expect more than maybe 1/10ths or 2/10ths off you ET and with that increase any little thing can change the out come.

whats your 60' time on the first baseline run? 2 mph is good gain just looks like your spinning off the line more with your new found hp..

I think his 60' was a similar high 2.2 IIRC his first time there, I was there and asked. The 2 mentioned mods could give .2 sec decrease in time, but till your consistent with runs you will have .2 sec variences in runs even more so can't say for sure they haven't worked. A increase in trap does show more power which is the important thing.

I'm pretty sure it was cooler last time you were there.

The 1/8th mile speed seems low. What rpm was she or you shifting at.

To pick up 23mph from 1/8th to 1/4 is pretty dang strong.

It seems just about right to me. :confused:

Well I'm going more off my LS times which is going faster so I guess that could be my problem. It has picked up 22 1/8th to 1/4, but it is moving 4 faster at the 1/8 so that is harder to do.

I figured the VIII would trap better 1/8th to get that 1/4 trap.

A good running Mark VIII should pick up 20mph between the 1/8th and the 1/4 mile.

My best 60' time was the time I have shown as my baseline run it was a 2.19. I do not have my old time slips because they went through the wash :mad: It did not feel like I was spinning of the line and my brother said he did not see it spin. I had 30 psi in my tires both times next time I will try a little lower psi and possibly heat the tires. The car weighs the same as the base run.

Well I'm going more off my LS times which is going faster so I guess that could be my problem. It has picked up 22 1/8th to 1/4, but it is moving 4 faster at the 1/8 so that is harder to do.

I figured the VIII would trap better 1/8th to get that 1/4 trap.

the LS does get off the line harder but the mark has more high end pull.

youre trapping 2mph higher so something is right.you need to get there more to get more of an idea. i moved from hawaii to portland and lost 4 mph but i am quicker in the 1/4

The difference in track prep between the days could've been enough to lose you some ET while picking up 2mph.

For comparison purposes I always write the density altitude at the time of the run on the timeslip..

Members online

No members online now.
Back