My '02 LS V8 racing stripe

"Need more cow bell!"

Photo courtesy of CowCarRaceing:

http://www.cowcarracing.com/

Web Cow Car Racing.jpg

ill be honest, I've been looking at some sort of custom striping with vinyl, but have yet to find anything that stays to the Lincolns class. I wouldnt do anything in the paint until you found just the right look. I am thinking that with the Luxury and Sport, subtlety is key.

here is a prime example or proven color combo that just doesnt work on these cars:
sully5.jpg

Could work if it was chrome or silver instead of the red.....the chrome grille just upsets the striping....

I definitely applaud you for trying something different from the rest of the LSes. My LS needs an entire paint job and I've been really thinking about having some sort of design ghosted into the paint but cant decide what would look good and not out of place. Although, imo I don't think this is too extreme or completely riced out like some of the things I've seen done on LSes, I do think that you should wait until you have the funds to do something like this properly so it doesn't look like it's just thrown together. Also, I would definitely swap out the bumpers for a pair of sports, or if you can find a first gen or have the cash a 2nd gen lse bumper.

Thank you for the support. It definitely gives the car a different look and I am sure my few pictures may not portray that the best. I do think a more subtle design would compliment the LS much better. I kind of just went extreme to see how it was. This first version was done in colder weather by a guy who didn't have a proper garage to install it. Also he had to hand cut much of the vinyl because of the contours of that body line. I did get it made and installed on the cheap though. My next try will be done much more professionally and not so bold.

As far as my busted ass bumper goes, I think now would be the time to go to a body kit since the cost of replacing the stock bumper is already pretty high. Any recommendations? I haven't done too much looking around in the department.

One step at a time.

Thank you for the support. It definitely gives the car a different look and I am sure my few pictures may not portray that the best. I do think a more subtle design would compliment the LS much better. I kind of just went extreme to see how it was. This first version was done in colder weather by a guy who didn't have a proper garage to install it. Also he had to hand cut much of the vinyl because of the contours of that body line. I did get it made and installed on the cheap though. My next try will be done much more professionally and not so bold.

As far as my busted ass bumper goes, I think now would be the time to go to a body kit since the cost of replacing the stock bumper is already pretty high. Any recommendations? I haven't done too much looking around in the department.

One step at a time.

Do the 03-05 LSE/06 front end.

All the others are just lip kits. Razzi is hideous and it wont help you in your situation.

Members online

No members online now.
Back