My 2005 black Lincoln LS v6

gius

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, about a month ago I purchased this 2005 Lincoln LS off a private owner....now i'm starting to look into getting some work done to it. The prior owner beat it up a little, just some scratches and a couple of small dents, nothing serious, so i'm looking to get it repainted. I either want to keep black, or maybe dark green.....also i'm going to be putting black 20" rims on it shortly and tinted the windows. What do you all think about the dark green / black rim combination? What other work (performance or visual) would you recommend I do and about how much would it cost? This forum is great, a lot of passionate lincoln enthusiats here haha.

LS1.jpg

LS2.jpg

LS3.jpg

I should drive my car with just socks on - should help on wear and tear. :D

Welcome to here and good luck with the car. :Beer

I say repaint black with all the chrome peices painted with it. Then go with your black rims or maybe by then you will want chrome rims.

I like the chrome accents on the car, I was thinking all black rims with a chrome lip....

Haha i don't drive with my socks on but i was just taking pictures of the interior when I first bought it....that'd be an easy way to slip up and hit a tree....

i thinks its missing the factory chrome wheels and the 6 cd stereo system.

Mines didnt come with adjustable pedals :(
but had everything else :)

+ message center, CD changer or navigation, SST shifter, heated and cooled front seats.

Can't see if it has Advancetrac (not just traction control), auto dim mirror/compass, rear park assist, heated rear seats, moon roof, HIDs, sub woofers, memory seats, side curtain airbags (from the roof), ...

Yeah it's missing things like a sunroof, heated seats, navigation and all, but I got a really good deal on it. After buying it and putting in new brakes I ended up paying $7000 cash to a private owner, so considering what I paid and the year i'm very content with it. It has 85k miles btw

Real similar to mine. I have the '05 V6, interior same as yours. Only option is adjustable pedals. Dark green or black are good colors, I don't like black wheels myself, to each thier own. Maybe with a little chrome to set them off.

paint the chrome strips black, I promise it will look great!

If your going to get "black" rims, dont be cheap. If you buy the painted wheels, eventually the paint will start chipping off, Ive actually watched it chip off myself. Go ask for "Black chrome". It looks really really natural (you know how you look at black rims and you just KNOW its painted... not with black chrome!), and changes colors depending on the angle you look at it. looking straight on it looks black, front another angle it looks all chrome, and yet another angle it looks dark dark purple..

Well I guess I do have some options like the power pedals.
I thought the message center was V8 only?
Is the Advancetrac simply a module with more control or is it a larger system what would not function with something as simple as adding the module and getting a reflash?

Well I guess I do have some options like the power pedals.
I thought the message center was V8 only?
Is the Advancetrac simply a module with more control or is it a larger system what would not function with something as simple as adding the module and getting a reflash?

Adding Advancetrac would require a new ABS module assembly, a YAW sensor module to be installed, and a steering wheel angle sensor assembly. I don't know if the wiring would already be in-place or not. Once installed, a dealer's scan tool is required to calibrate the system.

I think that you are correct about the message center being only put on the V8 models.

ooch... definately not for the fainthearted.

wish this colour (the dark green) had been more popular, I don't really want the V8 as much as I want more of the options.

looks nice, enjoy, good deal it seems aswell.

Hey guys, about a month ago I purchased this 2005 Lincoln LS off a private owner....now i'm starting to look into getting some work done to it. The prior owner beat it up a little, just some scratches and a couple of small dents, nothing serious, so i'm looking to get it repainted. I either want to keep black, or maybe dark green.....also i'm going to be putting black 20" rims on it shortly and tinted the windows. What do you all think about the dark green / black rim combination? What other work (performance or visual) would you recommend I do and about how much would it cost? This forum is great, a lot of passionate lincoln enthusiats here haha.

Sounds like a great combination except 20'' rims will kill everything that's great about the car. I have a Black on Black LS with Black rims with a Chrome lip and it looks nice...they're 17''s too!

Yeah it's missing things like a sunroof, heated seats, navigation and all, but I got a really good deal on it. After buying it and putting in new brakes I ended up paying $7000 cash to a private owner, so considering what I paid and the year i'm very content with it. It has 85k miles btw

I did not know there were LS's without sunroofs. I have never seen one without a sunroof.

paint the car black but if you keep the chrome inserts then do chrome 20's if you go all black then do the black chrome rims not painted.

LS looks sick wit the sun roof UP... or moon roof idk watever... but id paint it red lol

Members online

No members online now.
Back