My goodbye thread to my GT....

ripped camel

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I know this isn't Mark related, but being that I don't post in other sections and the people I know, respect, and like are on this section....I'm posting it here.

I had my GT for a tad over 2 years. My business tanked with the economy, which is somewhat good because it forced me to chase my dream of becoming a lawyer to fight corporations, corruption and all that stuff. To me it's not about the money but being able to look myself in the mirror and know I've done all I can for future generations.

The downside is I've lost my house, and just yesterday my car in the process. It sucks it came to this, but thanks to the economy I lost my business and wasn't able to find a job. I had to make a decision to take anything to hang onto my car, not see my son grow up, and spend all my time in school...or let the car & house go so I can give school my all and be there for my son.

So goodbye to my beast! We've sacrificed many ricers and muscle cars to the car gods. Some of the more notable cars that got a taste of my GT's taillights were: Cadillac CTS-V, 04 Vette vert, 02 GT, turbo G35, LS1 Camaro, Chevelle, 383 nitrous cammed 88 Trans Am GTA, and a Steeda S197 GT. Those were just some of the better cars I've beat. I'll miss my beast and the looks on the faces that lost to me when my vert pulled them out of the hole like they stood still. Man I'll miss those holeshots!

My mods were: BBK Lt's, Pypes ORH, Borla catback, BBK cai, Fidanza alum fly, Hurst shifter, SCT dyno tuned chip, full length sub frame connectors, strut tower brace, BBK springs, wrapped with 275/40/17 Nitto 555's along with some appearance mods.

You'll be missed.......

P8190424.jpg

P8190420.jpg

P8190410.jpg

Thanks guys. As soon as I can find the pic of it finished with the mach 1 chin spoiler and smaller antenna I'll post that too. It looked even more sick when it was completed. God I miss that thing. This WILL be the car that got away....

I just shed a tear man.

Now get back to school and get something even better.

I love my Mark but still get misty eyed when I see pics of my Last couple Stangs. :(

Everything happens for a reason, god wanted the stang to go, hell he may bless you with a dealership:)

You're still a member of The Club!

The Pewter Gray Mark VIII Club, that is! Only a few of us can say that! You see, there is a bright shiny lining around every dark cloud...

Hang in there, Ripped Camel, things will get better, its just going to take a little longer this time, for all of us!

James
'97 Base
116K miles

The wife want's to sell our 94 GT but we need to be damn poor before I do that. It may be slow but we still got it. A better one will come along someday. I dint want to let my 94 mark be raped but in the end I got something better.

Your son will understand, just tell him its off being painted or something. That way when you get a new he won't know the diffrance! :D

I have only one car that I'll never EVER sell... my '77 Mustang II. It was my very first car and my Grandma bought it brand new in '77.

Even having 5 cars is difficult. I still live at home, been outta school (again) for a year now. I'd hate to get rid of a single one of them. I know how ya feel though. I had a '74 Plymouth Scamp, and an '89 GT. (wrecked the GT, scamp was too rusty)

Maybe one day your path will cross again with your GT...

Thanks for the words of encouragement guys! Yeah life throws hurdles our way, but life is how you overcome hurdles. As stressful as times get I just let it fuel the fire to succeed. As the great Jerry Seinfeld said "Everything evens out".

I'll miss the GT but at least I still have a Cobra hybrid of sorts.

I love my Mark VIII and although it's not my GT, it still is fun. Nothing beats having the top down though! ;)

Members online

No members online now.
Back