My Lincolns MPG, how about yours?

I did an experiment to see what the car's top limit could be. Drove 60-65, nice and easy, drafting behind trucks. Averaged 33mpg, according to computer. Absolutly stunned, but had to spend most of the time behind a truck, otherwise I could get 30mpg at 60mph.

LOL, you've been watching too much MythBusters on the Discovery channel.

As a former big rig driver, please don't draft the trucks. If you can't see their mirrors, they cannot see you. ;)

My modded '93 rollin' on the highway 75-80 mph with 4.30s to Atlanta and back and racing(Friday night and all day Saturday) averaged 20.6 mpg. That's actually lower than normal, my right foot must've been a bit heavy. :)

As a former big rig driver, please don't draft the trucks. If you can't see their mirrors, they cannot see you. ;)

That show's great, in fact its on right now behind me! But I havent seen that episode.

I know not to drive in truck's blind spots, or anyone's for that matter; big rigs make me nervous anyway. I always stay far enough behind that I can see both his mirrors.
Ive already been in a bad accident (other driver ran a red) and Im extremely careful not to end up in another one.

I'll go re-do all of the tires tonight, i'll try to change the fuel filter tomorrow am if i can, i think its the factory filter i took a look at it tonight, how much diff would I get to expect seeing its probably been in there 111k?

Mostly city driving, I average 15 mpg.

I tend to do 2000 rpm take-offs from red lights, so there's room to squeeze out a little more efficiency.

Our fuel has ethenol & is oxygenated half of the year, The highesy octane availible here in the west is 91 octane. I only use Chevron Supreme which is one of the best gasolines around since it has the techron added to it.

I am averaging 16.5-17 MPG city & higway driving. When I changed my fuel filter, air filter, spark plugs & wires I noticed NO DIFFERENCE at all! The car had around 100k on it too, 1st tune up & no improvement at all! In real world city driving (stop & go) with the A/C on These cars just don't do much better then 15-17 MPG.

Now on a freeway trip it does get much better mileage.

Some people will try & claim 25 MPG in the city but it's NOT happening!

Frogman must be averaging about 40 mpg now on his stroker after installing some 160lb injectors.:D

Car says I'm getting 20.5 mostly city. Haven't been on the highway lately but used to run near 29 or better. I enjoy my Mark's acceleration and don't always use A/C.

Crap! After working on circuit 11 and a faulty brake pressure switch I am now getting 7.2MPG. But I did have a bit of fun after driving the truck for three days!

been averaging 23.5 lately. mostly commuting 45 minutes each way @ about 80+..... seems about average.

My modded '93 rollin' on the highway 75-80 mph with 4.30s to Atlanta and back and racing(Friday night and all day Saturday) averaged 20.6 mpg. That's actually lower than normal, my right foot must've been a bit heavy. :)
love mythbusters the best one is the pigs in the corvette and did u see any lot lizards while over the road

I like mythbusters too, and I saw that episode. 50 mpg is awsome at a cost of safety, the driver was drafting te rig from like 3ft away!

They have truckers radio on am or fm, man is it fun to listen to or hook up the old cobra cb and play smokey and the bandit. breaker breaker 1 9 Ya got your ears on good buddy

I was always meaning to do a calculation to see what the real average MPG I was getting is compared to what the Mark was claiming?

I was averaging 25mpg when I was commuting on Rt78 but now that I got laid off and only drive around town I get 19.2. However the check engine light is on and claiming my exhaust recirculation is flowing in reverse :confused: so I should really fix that :shifty:

cars average reads 19.9mpg........

highest read out its ever given me was 33mpg @ 60mph in summer when it was like 113 outside........

at 70mph it usually reads 26-28mpg........

yeah its pretty flat out here......... :D

in winter the mileage takes a crap, i blame it on our wonderful CA gas....:shifty:

but then.....my friends Solara does the exact opposite, better in winter, worse in summer.......... :confused:

Frogman must be averaging about 40 mpg now on his stroker after installing some 160lb injectors.:D

160lb injectors.. Ahh those are weak.. He needs to upgrade to 212lb, mechanical fuel pump and then he will see 50mpg :confused: :confused:

Members online

No members online now.
Back