my ls was stolen this morning

linc21806

LVC Member
Reaction score
my ls was stolen this morning at 230. some punk kids stole it and it was caught on the neighbor's security camera. funny thing is these kids went through a lot of trouble to take it having to move a van that was parked behind my car on the driveway. i'm not sure why the alarm did not sound. i kn0w for a fact the car was locked though and all keys are accounted for. they did lift the car up on jacks at a few different points to angle the car to get it out of the driveway. to top it all off some lady down the street 8 houses down has an ls also keeps it outside also and is the only car in her driveway, it was not touched :confused: i dunno and i am sad by this event and my ls is now parted from me i believe for good. i think it is in a chop shop somewhere in town, b/c items of mine were ditched out of the car in my neighborhood. this morning an elderly guy calls me asking me about this binder and i said it was mine (it had my # in it) so, i have an idea in what part of town my car is at, but again it is not a small area and of course it is the town's "bad side." :Bang

sorry to hear that. i would really like to know how they stole your car though. it's puzzling and kind of unsettling. it seems they might have done it out of spite if they had the opportunity to steal another LS that would've been easier to get into. did you piss anyone off? keep us updated. hopefully it turns up, and hopefully not in pieces

I'm really sorry to hear that, man. They really need to have the death penalty for car thieves, spammers, and people who perform various forms of credit card fraud.

I'm really sorry to hear that, man. They really need to have the death penalty for car thieves, spammers, and people who perform various forms of credit card fraud.

Don't forget the eBay scammers! :D

So sorry to hear about the theft. Was the car recently serviced, to allow access for key learning?

I haven't pissed anybody off around here, and I actually just moved back here (home) from Texas 3 weeks ago. I live in Fl about 40mins from Orlando. As for the car I remember hearing something on the news a couple of years ago on the news how some cars could be lifted to avoid the alarm and the thieves would steal the rims... but to move a whole car and take off with it??? I do not know if this is true for the LS though. The only other thing I am thinking is if there is any way around the keypad. As in if they could get underneath it w/out setting off the alarm or if there is a master code for the keypad? My car was last serviced in New Mexico back in May, so it is not anyone from there, plus the guy across the street caught the whole think on his security camera and from what the video shows it is 2 teenage looking kids.

can they be identified? and can't you see on the video how they did it or is the LS not on the camera shot?

Fooling around with mine I set the alarm of easy. Other times doing the same it never went off. I think it was just sh*t luck or something.

Anyway make sure to beat the hell out of the when you find them.

Pull one of the kids ears a real good time once for me while you are at it. I hate thief's.

So sorry to hear that this happened. I am so curious about how they took your car. I had talked to an alarm installer and he told me not to bother installing one on an LS because you can't drive off without the key. Now I am very worried!!!

Step one: Purchase new LS
Step two: Park in driveway
Step three: Place claymore in driveway
Step four: Make popcorn

So sorry to hear that this happened. I am so curious about how they took your car. I had talked to an alarm installer and he told me not to bother installing one on an LS because you can't drive off without the key. Now I am very worried!!!

Not sure how they do it, but a frustrated Hummer H3 owner watched his H3 get broken into and driven off in Montreal last summer, while he was coaching a softball game. He looked at the H3 between every pitch and the left time he looked, it was driving away. The H3 has PATS. My theory is that in the case of the Hummer, it was done by somehow using the VIN to make a privileged access in the GM data system and thereby create a key, or also, if there is a master PATS system defeater available, it was used.

that sucks try to get the video from ur neghibor and post it on youtube im sure im not the only one that would like to see it

I liked some of y'alls ideas on what to do if I get a hold of these guys... The video that my neighbor has only shows angles from his driveway (which got a good shot of one of the kids) bushes and the street. They live across the street from me. My neighbor made me a copy and I was watchin it last night. In the video you can only see 2 guys at work, but I think there may have been more involved. Anyways it took'em like 8 minutes or so to get the car out of there. Somehow also, they managed to get the car on b/c they had the lights on and everything. eastcoastLS, I live over in the Titusville area.

Members online

No members online now.
Back