my opinion ( a good 1) about the rims

04SSHD said:
thats the price for the set? wow, thats a deal! post a pic up when you get them mounted

ACTUALLY I'VE SEEN THOSE WITH TIRES FOR 1300-1400
TIRE AND RIM PACKAGES ARE ALWAYS THE WAY TO GO, THOSE RIMS ARE THE JAM THOUGH, I'VE ONLY SEN THEM ON 2 CARS SO FAR 1 BEING AN LS IN NEW MEXICO AND THE 1 HERE IN FLORIDA WAS THE MITSUBISHI GALANT (WANNABE LS) GOOD LUCK MAKE SURE TO POST THE PIX!

950 for a 7.5" wheel?! Ouch!

I could justify that on the LS so I'm not rippin on 'em :)

But on a mark viii, there's much better offered for much less.

poniesviii said:
950 for a 7.5" wheel?! Ouch!

I could justify that on the LS so I'm not rippin on 'em :)

But on a mark viii, there's much better offered for much less.

You have to understand though, the LS has a 60mm offset that makes life a Beeoch when shopping for wheels. These are 42mm, closest I could get.

Anybody know where I can get some cheap tires in the tampa area? I need 275/40/18 in the back and 235/40/18 in the front...

baggedtaco said:
Here is one of my customers cars...It is a custom wheel in 18X8/10 staggered. Rears are 275-40-18 and fronts are 245-45-18...All stock height.

boyd22.gif

Not a great pic but its the only one I have.

That setup would look incredible on a MarkVIII...

Brad

Unable to edit that post to fix the pic....:confused:

Anyways, here are a few.

7d9a196235f7dae24fa08e4ad003e360-.jpg

eb53de5e7d6749a6c0474fe8dfe4ff44-.jpg

bcf46cb9ea6ea5bac068217b6a809ee4-.jpg

65f73fbda3a013c107ea06b928d4905e-.jpg

d507e66d08eef87fe1dd10dc72e7527d-.jpg

6c3451223e3562d913c4f772d225eb55-.jpg

Cheers,

Brad

bagged taco what rims are those u sitting on?

Thats one of my customers cars. They are a 2pc custom billet coddington wheel. We had some done up for the Tbird, Cougar & MarkVIII.

Still have some Junk Yard Dogs, Magnitos and some 17" SmoothieII like in the photo. They are a lil pricey but they finish the car.

Brad

I like the looks of the wheel that everyone is talking about, It is hott! I wouldn't pay $950 just for the wheels though. I do understand the chore of finding a decent looking wheel for the LS or the Mark VIII.

Oh and to who ever said the Gallant was a wannabe LS, Didn't the Gallant come out first?? So the LS would be a wannabe Gallant? With that being said I like the LS better anyways!

Tire sizes do vary from manufacturer, Brad is 100% correct about that. Some can be taller while some may be wider or even both. It may not be a very big difference but it is a difference.

Hey Brad, I've got a tire related question. I have 245/45/18" directionals on my Mark VIII, So the only way to rotate them without dismounting & remounting them is (front to rear) or (rear to front) same side. Anyways this is what I have been doing but since my car is lowered the inside of all 4 tires is about 50% worn while the outside is still aronud 80%. If I dismount & remount them on opposite sides of the car will my car still drive straight like it does now or do you see a problem with it pulling or fighting down the road?

I personally will avoid directionals in the future if I can for this reason.

Thanks, Rich

Hey Brad, I've got a tire related question. I have 245/45/18" directionals on my Mark VIII, So the only way to rotate them without dismounting & remounting them is (front to rear) or (rear to front) same side. Anyways this is what I have been doing but since my car is lowered the inside of all 4 tires is about 50% worn while the outside is still aronud 80%. If I dismount & remount them on opposite sides of the car will my car still drive straight like it does now or do you see a problem with it pulling or fighting down the road?

I personally will avoid directionals in the future if I can for this reason.

Thanks, Rich

Only way to know for sure would be to try it. I have done that exact thing and the results were good, however that is not going to be the case for everyone. At least you know what the possabilities are before hand...heh

Its gonna be tough to find a non-directional tire in a 245-45-18...In fact I don't know of one. Try using a H-Rated tire next time around and possibly experiment with the alignment a lil bit...

Brad

Members online

No members online now.
Back