My own custom gauge pod

fonsito

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi!! I just wanted to share with u guys my newest mod... customized gauge pod.Im going to be using (2) Autometer 2 1/16" gauges.This is a prototype since is the first one ive done...so please give me your opinions.Im going to cover it with black vinyl or carbon fiber... dont know yet.The third hole is the hole for the lighter that im going to be relocating.At this point is where i need your help on how to remove the ashtray so i can finally install my gauge pod
Any suggestions will be great

P3280247.JPG

P3280248.JPG

I've been wondering where the hell I could put some of these gauges that I have from my '87 laying here without an A pillar pod. That should look good once it's done. Might want to get some angle rings so they'll slightly face you and make them easier to read.

:Beer

This is just a prototype tommorrow ill be working on the real product... please let me know how to remove de ashtray

It's a neat idea, but it's kind of low in the dash for gauges, so you might want to angle them up a bit. Definitely go for the hole saw on the real one, and CF all the way.

Use either a Hole Saw drill bit or a Forstner bit to make a perfect circle in the plastic or whatever that white piece is. It'd be cool if you could mount it in the existing ask tray piece so it's still functional.

Use either a Hole Saw drill bit or a Forstner bit to make a perfect circle in the plastic or whatever that white piece is. It'd be cool if you could mount it in the existing ask tray piece so it's still functional.

Well since i dont smoke i wanted to eliminate the ashtray and the Lighter relocate it so i can connect my V1!!!

The plastic in front pry's off. Than there are a few bolts that unscrew. Should be pretty straight forward.

IMHO - you really need to have the gauges in your line-of-slight to be useful.

If you're at WOT and the a/f goes worng, or fuel pressure drops you can quickly back out and save your engine - but it's going tto be difficult to keep your eyes on the road and gauges if you put them low and to the right....

Those A/F gauges are useless anwyays - I had one in my '87. That position he's got them in is similar to the Marauders..

marauder_gauges.jpg

Why not build you own gauge pod on the A pillar? Gauge rings and grill cloth;)

i like the fact that ur trying to be different.. whats the problem with the ashtray? let's see what u have taken out so far and what you have left to take out? I believe you have to take out the radio as well.. but lets see what u got working back there

Not bad. Like what NYC said though. That A/F guage will be pretty much useless. They normally just jump back and forth as the car computer switches between rich and lean. A wideband will look past that. I looked at doing a pillar pod in mine and it wouldn't look half bad. But again, it would attract unneeded attention. Definitely would like to see pics of the finished product.

gauges you can't see are simply decoration - if that's what you want - cool.

I don't know... depending what the gauge is, it doesn't HAVE to be line of site. Diff temp, tranny temp; things like that really, in day to day driving there will not be a need to have them in line of site because it's unlikely that temps will rise quickly; periodical checks will allow you to notice high temps. Get to the track or something and it's a different story.

gauges you can't see are simply decoration - if that's what you want - cool.

Thats exactly what i want.... not to bring attention to the car but have gauges :)

Anyway im looking for the tech articles section for how-to mount the A'F Ratio Gauge and i dont see the section..PLEASE HELP!!

Members online

No members online now.
Back