My Progress thread.black on black base.

blue_t

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Okay its been awhile since i posted anything working too much on projects,finally started back on the mark.just rolled over 230,000.so i decided time to go to work,its been a great car so far,stripped the back half of the car down,repaired the rear spoiler where a fat guy set on it and cracked the paint last year,living in Florida this thing rusted fast!Wife broke the passide door handle,replaced it and found out the door handles fit like crap,removed the plastic gasket behind the door handles and trashed it.grinded down the handles and housings,and added metal to the door,removed the rear window gasket that started to go nuts and added metal to the body around the rear glass,something that has always bothered me about the car was the 1/4 gap where the door meets the roof,added metal there looks alot better to me,and got rid of the seam between the quarter panel and roof.beat the palm dents out of the door from the kids closing it.those are always fun to do because you can not feel them very well.next is the front of the car,im going to extend the cowl back about 2 inches toward the windshield to give it more of a flow look,i ended it too soon.the front spoiler is going to get reshaped alittle too,not sure how,but there was a couple of guys on here that said it didnt look right at certain angles ind i aggree so you guys speak up :D.rear bumper,dont like the factory exhaust look,i do like the looks of a couple of audi's exhaust,they are rectangular and have a slight curve that i think will go with what im wanting to do with the rear bumper.here are a couple of completed pics.
IMAG0128.jpg

IMAG0129.jpg

IMAG0130.jpg

IMAG0131.jpg

Last edited:
When ya doin mine? LoL

one day, when I get everything else workin correctly, I want to toss in a moon roof, and shave the 1/4 panel strip, I like the back glass you did...I just went and bought a good glass and seam from the salvage yard, but the seam isn't perfect :-(

thank you, ill try to upload some better pics of the whole car today when i get off work.that way you guys can give me some advice on the front bumper.

So where are the actual "progress" pictures...ya can't just show final results, we want step by step stuff...especially that back windshield!!!

DUDE!!! WTF?!?!?!?

This man always manages for me to jizz my pants!

You pretty much always post the real live progress of our dreams! You my friend have one hell of a sweet MARK VIII & I will say that time & time again! Ummm... wanna trade? I got 128,000 miles less than you do. Just turned 102,000! :)

i like how you removed that gap on the rear quarter of the roof. Do you have anymore pics of the rear spoiler after you fixed it?

still amazing as always

only thing id say about the front is maybe widen it a hair, so the sides dont tuck under (at least looks like it in pics) rather just straight down. go look at a marauder yours is alot like it, just pull it out a bit. like pontiac once said ;) wider is better

sorry i didnt really think about taking pictures in progress,i was in a hurry,this is my daily driver and had to primer it every night to keep the metal from getting rusty.took me 2 hours to sand the roof down, the primer i originally used failed so it all had to come off. ill take some when i start on the bumpers and hood then.here is a front shot,so i should flare the bottom sides out a little?
IMAG0136.jpg

here is an old picture of the rear spoiler,
Picture008-1.jpg

lee, looking sick dude. i got an idea on the front bumper, give it to me and make a whole new one lmfao! i still want one but looks like you are swamped!! car looks killer.

i like how you removed that gap on the rear quarter of the roof. Do you have anymore pics of the rear spoiler after you fixed it?

here is the rare spoiler after i repaired it,he only set on the corner of it.
142.jpg

140.jpg

139.jpg

lee, looking sick dude. i got an idea on the front bumper, give it to me and make a whole new one lmfao! i still want one but looks like you are swamped!! car looks killer.

yeh my neighbors arnt to happy with the noises and fumes.i will have to come to your place for the weekend to do your front bumper.

looking very nice I wish i had your skills
and IMO with your skills you should make the hood flow better into the
header panel but never the less its a sexy car

im looking for a 1999+ cobra engine or dohc 5.4,if anyone has one and want to trade for a crotch rocket, just got done redoing one.before
phone156.jpg

during,
081.jpg

after,
103.jpg

104.jpg

looking very nice I wish i had your skills
and IMO with your skills you should make the hood flow better into the
header panel but never the less its a sexy car

heard you on the hood.thats coming soon.adding about 2 inches to it.

here is a front shot,so i should flare the bottom sides out a little?
IMAG0136.jpg

see that angle looks good, but a straight on shot makes it look a lil to narrow, maybe push the fogs out a nich or two. dont get me wrong always loved the car and always had it in the back of my head anytime i did something to mine. i even had a grand prix bumper i was gonna use but it was too wide and too much work to get it to fit, hell we even spoke about it years and years ago on .org (shivers) lol

see that angle looks good, but a straight on shot makes it look a lil to narrow, maybe push the fogs out a nich or two. dont get me wrong always loved the car and always had it in the back of my head anytime i did something to mine. i even had a grand prix bumper i was gonna use but it was too wide and too much work to get it to fit, hell we even spoke about it years and years ago on .org (shivers) lol

I can make it wider,but really dont think i could move the foglights out
anymore,how about brake vents on the sides?that will make it wider.or i could just flair the bottoms out,kind of put a lip on it?

I vote brake vents, photoshop first.

You own one of the few "base" car I like :shifty:

I can make it wider,but really dont think i could move the foglights out
anymore,how about brake vents on the sides?that will make it wider.or i could just flair the bottoms out,kind of put a lip on it?

yeah thats what i figured be easier to start over

I vote brake vents, photoshop first.

+2 maybe kinda like a cobra r

Don't flare out the bottom of the front fascia please, it would lose the nice curves of the car and work you've done already on the front. Looks real good :)

Members online

No members online now.
Back