My Progress thread.black on black base.

Don't flare out the bottom of the front fascia please, it would lose the nice curves of the car and work you've done already on the front. Looks real good :)

yes after thinking about it,it might also make it look ricey.

i wouldnt touch it at all, just slap some hid's inside the fog lights thats all i would do, that bumper looks awesome lee if you mess with it you wont be happy. if you want to try a new bumper idea i'll give you another one or two for yours!!!!!!!!!! i'd be happy the way it is!

Maybe frogman can carbon fiber the front bumper. And if the mold comes out good it could be a new product for the mark viii

Found some 410 gears last week,installed them worked out good,no vibrations was a little worried about that because i do drive this car to missouri alot.wet sanded paint and buffed out.Bought a 03 mercury marauder engine today, engine should be here Saturday,now to find a supercharger! i think im going to put a small lip on the front spoiler to make it blend in a little better and take away some of the roundness it has.Hey Jamie when we going to do your car?
LEESPICS005.jpg

LEESPICS006.jpg

gears001.gif

LEESPICS004.jpg

Looking at the pics, it looks as though the rear window has no gasket around it and it was done that way by design. If that is the case, it looks good. How did you do it?

Looking at the pics, it looks as though the rear window has no gasket around it and it was done that way by design. If that is the case, it looks good. How did you do it?

the rear window gasket started to wrinkle up.so i cut it off,welded new metal in place,filed and filled,not an easy thing to do,there is a 1/4 inch of space between the window and body.still have to make a panel that goes between the trunk lid and glass.sorry didnt take many pictures,when i start something its always full steam ahead.

the rear window gasket started to wrinkle up.so i cut it off,welded new metal in place,filed and filled,not an easy thing to do,there is a 1/4 inch of space between the window and body.still have to make a panel that goes between the trunk lid and glass.sorry didnt take many pictures,when i start something its always full steam ahead.

OK, thanks, shoot a close-up picture in the morning when you get a chance.

i dont know lee, when you gonna be able to get away from yours lol!!!! i have been wanting to go back to the boneyard to do some searching and grab some parts and find a damb bumper, but lately i havent had time for anything but work and tearing cars apart in the shop. i want to do it bad but hard to plan it out!

The rear window seal shave is what is killing me on Stacks mark.

Whats givin you so much of a problem? My rear window had some sand between the glass and the seal causing scratches on the glass,so i just put a 1/4 inch pinstripe on the glass.My thought was originally to extend the trunk lid back toward the window,but after thinking about that it would be easier to make a panel to go across instead.ill take some more pictures today of the rear window to try to help you out.

Here are some new pictures took today,close ups of the rear glass
as you can see i still have to make the piece that goes across the window.
025.jpg

016.jpg

017.jpg

013.jpg

Whats givin you so much of a problem? My rear window had some sand between the glass and the seal causing scratches on the glass,so i just put a 1/4 inch pinstripe on the glass.My thought was originally to extend the trunk lid back toward the window,but after thinking about that it would be easier to make a panel to go across instead.ill take some more pictures today of the rear window to try to help you out.

I did it wrong, made the channel too small and shattered the window when I put it in... I made a filler panel at the bottom...

So I had to cut the ENTIRE thing out and start over.

I did it wrong, made the channel too small and shattered the window when I put it in... I made a filler panel at the bottom...

So I had to cut the ENTIRE thing out and start over.

Man that sucks.i thought about running it with out a gap but these cars do flex a lot.when i was doing mine i left a spacer between the window and body,kind of like a wedge,and every twist of the body like going into my driveway you could hear it squeak.

I am never looking at any of your progress work again. You make me sick with your work!
Black shows flaws in body work and being a body man myself,your stuff is incredible!
Truly great! Props to you,sir.

i showed my girlfriend pics of your mark blue t, she likes it. she called it a "batman car" lol

I am never looking at any of your progress work again. You make me sick with your work!
Black shows flaws in body work and being a body man myself,your stuff is incredible!
Truly great! Props to you,sir.

LOL! Thanks.yes black shows EVERYTHING!

that is one of the best looking marks ive seen. but im not to big of a fan of the rims on her.

Blue_T, do you still have the picture of your car in the driveway before you did the rims?

I swear thats some sweet body work. Any new progress ??? Hows it coming with the Marauder engine ???

Members online

No members online now.
Back