My Turn...McLaren Grille Shots (alot of pics)

pppfttt.....and some people had the nerve to say mclaren grilles only look good on lighter cars....oh and by the way....get a mid muffler and no mufflers at the end...will sound louder but not too loud but so much sexier then just those mags....since im guessin u wont do straight

Very nice! There's something about a clean, black LS.... :D

I don't like the mclaren on lighter colors when it's painted in it's entirety. It does, however, look great when just the surround is matched. But to each his own.

I think it's funny how people used to prefer the LSE to mclaren, until they stopped producing the mclaren grille.

+1

I dont think it looks good all one color, unless it's black, but the holes have to be drilled out of the clip moldings, those take away from it. On any other color you have to go with color matched surround and black center for it to look good.

Thanks guys!

I am really enjoying the McLaren, though the lady friend says the LSE grille looked better and that this one looks like a 'cheap fly swatter'... lolz

The wheels are a 19" wrapped in a 245/35/19 and springtech springs listed @ 1.75" drop, but I think it is just over 2".

I just don't prefer light colors + chrome. My main reason for the mclaren and color matched rear surround.

I rarely come to this forum after i sold mine about 6 months ago, but i have to sign back on just to say, DAMN!.. it just doesnt get much cleaner then that. Congrats on an outstanding car.

I just don't prefer light colors + chrome. My main reason for the mclaren and color matched rear surround.

Yeah thats why I'm glad I picked up an extra grill to paint and mess around with as I myself have mixed feelings for the chrome grill so I'm just going to paint match all my chrome

mclaren grill is best with the front bumper you have. it doesnt look right on the the regular bumper. round foglights goes with round holes very well

I rarely come to this forum after i sold mine about 6 months ago, but i have to sign back on just to say, DAMN!.. it just doesnt get much cleaner then that. Congrats on an outstanding car.

Thanks for the reply then! Nice of you to still come around even without owning the LS anymore.

I never thought my LS would look like this only one year and 3 weeks after owning it, it has come a long ass way from the day I brought her home! And the love keeps growing!

The paint may look like it is in good condition, but in my opinion it is not... My freshly painted hood has orange peel all over it, and I cracked the paint ever so slightly in one of the corners, so there is a paint fracture in it. Also my rear bumper has some chips behind each rear wheel, from rock and debris I am guessing that the previous owner did not care about.

It probably could use some major touch-up and probably repainted rear bumper, but I am not willing to shell out time and money for something like that right now. I am thinking of getting paint correction done on it this summer though.

Very very sick! I am with Pete about the Mclaren. It works because your car is black. Other then that im no fan of the how that one member said Maclauren grill haha.

i'm glad you got the grille rather than me because your car seems to get far more attention from you than mine from me, lol. i just wouldn't have done it justice like yours does. the only thing i do not like from that front end is that chrome strip, makes the LS look likes it's smiling, especially that floor pic with the angel eyes, lol. other than that, the stance, tails, wheels, pretty much everything is spot on and where i'd like to have my LS. great job buddy. i've given up on the Mclaren search

i'm glad you got the grille rather than me because your car seems to get far more attention from you than mine from me, lol. i just wouldn't have done it justice like yours does. the only thing i do not like from that front end is that chrome strip, makes the LS look likes it's smiling, especially that floor pic with the angel eyes, lol. other than that, the stance, tails, wheels, pretty much everything is spot on and where i'd like to have my LS. great job buddy. i've given up on the Mclaren search

Yea since getting the LSE front, alot of people has said my car now has a face. haha.

Also, man this grille would look great on your LS too! I am so glad I got my hands on one!

I have wondered what it would look like if I color matched that chrome strip... I may experiment with that since I have a broken one (thanks to, you know who you are) and will be buying a new one eventually.

lol. Yeah I remember that. I got mine in one piece luckily. Did yours come with mounting tape attached to it already?

yea it came with tape, it was actually very annoying trying to install, but I am sure it was mainly because it was broken... It really bugs me and I want a new one - I did not pay for a broken one.

Great car, man :cool: Angel eyes are awesome, who did yours and what brand did you use?

yea it came with tape, it was actually very annoying trying to install, but I am sure it was mainly because it was broken... It really bugs me and I want a new one - I did not pay for a broken one.

ARe you saying the chrome strip is just attached with mounting tape? I was thinking of painting mine black.

ARe you saying the chrome strip is just attached with mounting tape? I was thinking of painting mine black.

Yes, There are holes where the strip does into at like 5 spots but it is held down with mounting tape

Members online

No members online now.
Back