Navigation unit opinions

Adam Moore

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
going to put either an Pioneer avic D3 in my ls 04 or a pioneer f700bt. Which one is the best unit do you all think?

Kenwood, LOL

I heard bad things about Pioneer when it comes to the NAV systems, for just DVD I have no problem...but some of them are slow to respond or won't update new routes....

Ya that does look sweet but im looking to stay under or around 600.00. If i can't get a pretty good one around that ill just keep what i have in there now.

well the reason why it cost's lil over 600 is cause they use GARMIN GPS which is the best on the market for the money

You can always look on ebay or google a better price. Cartoys has "so so" prices so just find what you're looking for and just get quotes or research. But Alpine or Kenwood would be the two brands I'd ever get. If I wanted something very cheap "like a MADE IN CHINA shirt" then Pioneer might be in my list...but I want it to last me. Go to a best buy or Car Audio store and just look at them and play with them, you want something that fits you and isn't complicated with buttons.

KENWOOD DNX5120 How bout this model with the navigation. Its right around 600 bucks and seems to be pretty good with all the features and so forth?

I Put in the DNX8120 in my LS about a month and a half ago....WOW...really amazing unit and I havent even scratched the surface. Havent used the I-POD interface or the USB (except to put an LS image as my background).

So many levels of audio settings...

Sharp pictures for DVD, Garmin is tops.....

Its been that long and I still find myself going through all the options to see what I can play with...lol

I Put in the DNX8120 in my LS about a month and a half ago....WOW...really amazing unit and I havent even scratched the surface. Havent used the I-POD interface or the USB (except to put an LS image as my background).

So many levels of audio settings...

Sharp pictures for DVD, Garmin is tops.....

Its been that long and I still find myself going through all the options to see what I can play with...lol

How is the sound quality of the bluetooth phone interface?

Just ordered mine off ebay at 545.00 buy it now. I love the reviews on the kenwood that iv'e seen and on the f series for pioneer alot of people had problems with.

I've got a question i'm going to buy a Kenwood double din will it fit fine if i order the double din from ls concepts or will i have to modify the bezel?

I remember someone saying you can paint it or something and it would look almost the same for the silver dash anyhow.

Yeah i do have a 03 but i don't want a black bezel, that would look horrible! How much am i going to have to modify the satin nickel bezel? Does anyone know?

Bluetooth quality is really good...its a little quiet and when you turn up the volume the other person hears an echol of their voice...but I guess there is nothing you can do for that...maybe I can try placing the mic in another position (its at the very top of the Apiller clipped on the roof lining. can't see it) But other than the echo, people think they are on my cell and they think the quality is good.

The modifying part is nothing more than cutting out the center with a dremel.

Members online

No members online now.
Back