Need 17" Chrome Rim Stat!

Dom

LVC Member
Reaction score
Here's an unusual request. I got stuck in mud this weekend because of the lovely rain we've had here in Boston and in the process of rocking my car out of the muck, the heat and rocks inside the rim actually blew a hole right into the rim! Wouldn't believe it if i didn't see it! So of course I went to the dealership and see if it was covered and it's not. On top of that, you can imagine what they'll charge me for a new rim...yup, the guy said at least $500! So I figured I'd give it a few days and see what I could do. Anyone have a 17" spare chrome rim that will fit a 2002 LS V8??? If I can't get just one, I figure why not just get a whole new set of rims and then try to get rid of the 3 I have? Thanx

Ebay, so far it's the cheapest place I've seen any chrome rims for LS's. I think that there is a single one on there right now.

If your looking for aftermarket, 17x7.5 rim, 5 on 4.25" (108mm) 60mm offset, 153mm backspacing. I have been researching this a lot lately because I am in the market for chrome rims too. I just haven't come across any that I like yet.

Hey, if you decide to sell your 3 good rims, I'm looking for 3! I have one that is good, the rest all have some sort of corrosion on them. So, I'd like to replace the three! Let me know if you decide to replace them with aftermarket!

:D

Hey Hannibal

You know, I've been contemplating going that route cuz I can't find them cheaper than $335 each from EBay + shipping! I could get a decent set of 4 new rims for just about twice that price. What would u give me for the three??? I've been looking to get black rims in the future but now this may have moved that up, nothing crazy and staying with 17" cuz I have 4 new Michelin Pilots on the car that cost over $800. If I could get enough to get 4 new Alloys, I might do it.

Are these the wheels you are looking for? I have a set of four in storage since they are worth more to me than the tire shop was willing to pay for them when I got my new wheels. Let me know.:)

2001 Lincoln LS 5.jpg

Vaughn84, you could unload all 4 of your rims by selling one to Dom and 3 to Hannibal.

Vaughn84 said:
Are these the wheels you are looking for? I have a set of four in storage since they are worth more to me than the tire shop was willing to pay for them when I got my new wheels. Let me know.:)

hey Vaugh84...that's what I have. What if u went that route, 1 to me and 3 to hannibal? How much? See if we can work something out. I think I found a junkyard in Mass ready to get one for me for $225.

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back with you guys I have been out of town. Are any of you still in need of the wheels that I have?

Vaughn84 said:
Sorry it has taken me so long to get back with you guys I have been out of town. Are any of you still in need of the wheels that I have?

Hey Vaughn,
Yeah...I'm still interested but only in the one. Let me know what your doing.

Members online

Back