need 96 heads

Thats whats getting me too. Ford had B heads on early conti engines. Then they put C heads on and used the same B intake but made these adapeters to mount the old B intake to C heads. If these adapters mate C heads to B intake I want to know why it can't work for us putting B cobra intake on C heads.

Yes, ford had B heads on Conti's then put C heads on and used the same B intake but made those adapters to mount the OLD B head intake to the C heads. These adapters mate C heads to OLD (gen1) B head intakes. Not newer gen2 B head intakes.

Your on the right track... I suppose I'll post pictures to show you why in better perspective.

mini-IMG-20110724-00068.jpg

Gen 1 B head intake manifold side

IMAG0022.gif

Gen 2 B head intake manifold side

Gen 1 and gen 2 B heads use the same pattern on the cylinder head side.

Conti's (with the C heads and B intakes) use an adapter that uses a gen 1 B head pattern for the intake manifold side with a C head pattern on the cylinder head side.

first gen intakes, and conti intakes have 2 circular ports. therefore, conti adapter works with the circular port intakes. (first gen mark)
see 2 circles.

93markviiibheadimrc.png

now, 2nd gen and cobra intakes have 1 circle, and 1 square hole.
therefore, you can not bolt the intakes with the square holes to the adapters with circular holes. only intakes with 1 circle, 1 square. (2nd gen, cobra)

97markviiibheadimrc.png

they look the same on the bottom.
1 circle, 1 square.

Can you rotate any ONE of those pics from your last post? I want to see IMRC's from both years going the same way.

Chris I was asking that from Chrismurder lol. I really think I can make this work no biggie.

Early cobra IMRC's 1997 are alum. I would get these and the conti adapters cut both in half and weld cobra upper to conti lower. Hows that sound? I could be on something here! Or make a billet set like MMR billet delete plates.

Early cobra IMRC's 1997 are alum. I would get these and the conti adapters cut both in half and weld cobra upper to conti lower. Hows that sound? I could be on something here! Or make a billet set like MMR billet delete plates.

:eek: :lol:

how about, C head intake?
Mach 1 intake is a C head intake that is all 1 piece w/o imrc's isn't it?
something like that.

What we need to see is the ports on a gen2 intake or a cobra for that matter. I know it combines the split ports some how.

What we need to see is the ports on a gen2 intake or a cobra for that matter. I know it combines the split ports some how.

The bottom of my cobra intake looks just like those black plastic IMRC's. Does not combine the round and square port.

bheadcobraintake.jpg

Well the cobra intake combines the ports in the runner up in the intake. You could build an adapeter no doubt. But the only problem would be getting the injector bungs perfect.

The bottom of my cobra intake looks just like those black plastic IMRC's. Does not combine the round and square port.

Well the thing to do is just make the cobra top fit a c head lower. I have seen that done. And would be alot easier.

Well the thing to do is just make the cobra top fit a c head lower. I have seen that done. And would be alot easier.

Found this and don't really like it. The adapter plate makes intake taller which is problem for me (Gen1) I already have to make kmember spacers and trim back of hood to fit cobra intake under stock hood. Also doesn't the C intake have 8 cup plugs in bottom of intake that blow out with boost?

Found this and don't really like it. The adapter plate makes intake taller which is problem for me (Gen1) I already have to make kmember spacers and trim back of hood to fit cobra intake under stock hood. Also doesn't the C intake have 8 cup plugs in bottom of intake that blow out with boost?

It does but I have never heard of them blowing out. It would be an easy fix though. As you could prob weld some brackets over them to keep them from blowing out.
So you have a gen 1 with some C heads, and a b cobra intake. I understand the looks part but it would prob be easier to just use a complete c intake. I may be wrong but I think they are shorter and may not require as much work to fit under a gen1 hood.
Or you could do what I want to do when I get a gen2 and do a c head swap and use an aviator intake and fit a hat that will go under a stock hood. The aviator is a good piece, and a few have put them on machs and cobras for an upgrade over the stock C intake. The great thing about them is they have a built in short and long runner, kinda like Imrc but better. Would probably be great for a heavy mark that needs all the low end they can get. They have hood clearance issues though, and thats on mustangs. But from the pictures it look like its all in the hat, as the lower does not look that much taller.

I can make anything fit really thats part of the fun!! The avi intake is tall. Yes you can weld up all 8 cups in mach intake I see where they cut whole bottom off and weld plate on also. The B heads flow like crazy in boost and high rpm. So I might just stick with them.The main thing in my build is I want Cobra intake 100%. Always wanted one got one now just gotta get it on.

Members online

No members online now.
Back