Need a Transmission Solenoid (Maybe??)

june82000

LVC Member
Reaction score
Okay - I'm ready to start throwing a little $ towards my transmission so I wanted to see what you all throught about this (below). The LS isn't engaging fullly into D4 and D5 - i.e. no fwd movement. You can feel something though. 1,2,3 work, but engagement is sometimes slower or quicker. Solenoid pack and filter? $85 for the solenoid on Ebay? Thoughts?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-5R55N-...Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c666af482&vxp=mtr

I suspect that your issue is more serious than just a solenoid assembly. I also doubt the quality of that ebay part.
There are diagnostics that you can do to find what problems you have, or you can just throw parts at it.

I agree with Joe on both accounts. Your description does not sound like a failing solenoid and I wouldn't buy a part as important as a solenoid on eBay. If you really want to change the solenoid, you could go with 800700trans but they're a little sketchy and it seems hit or miss on getting good parts from them.

But again, I don't think it's solenoid related.

Just get a new tranny and be done with it for another 80k miles.

Well, he did only pay $500 for the entire car.

800700trans.com....uggg....I wont even say it. Saying they're sketchy is being nice...

I agree with Joe on both accounts. Your description does not sound like a failing solenoid and I wouldn't buy a part as important as a solenoid on eBay. If you really want to change the solenoid, you could go with 800700trans but they're a little sketchy and it seems hit or miss on getting good parts from them.

But again, I don't think it's solenoid related.

Well, he did only pay $500 for the entire car.

O, Ok. Lol. I guess i missed that part.

mine from 800700 trans fixed mine completly, now just dealing with a/c issues. one problem after another with this car.

I had a terrible experience with 800700trans. My tranny was slipping all the way through 3rd, and had a weird surging thing going on at hwy speeds. My mechanic wasn't pulling any trans related codes, and while searching this site, I thought I might find an easy(cheap) fix from 800trans. After putting in their "rebuilt" selonoid and valve body my car would barely go into reverse and would'nt engage drive. After numerous calls to them, I finally got the HNIC, and he said the pcm had to be re-progarammed. I ended up getting the trans replaced under extended warranty and all of my issues are gone. Just for :q:q:q:qs and gigs, call that company and ask how, when, and where they get their parts. Then ask how they test everything. You'll find out just how much of a joke they really are.

i had a terrible experience with 800700trans. My tranny was slipping all the way through 3rd, and had a weird surging thing going on at hwy speeds. My mechanic wasn't pulling any trans related codes, and while searching this site, i thought i might find an easy(cheap) fix from 800trans. After putting in their "rebuilt" selonoid and valve body my car would barely go into reverse and would'nt engage drive. After numerous calls to them, i finally got the hnic, and he said the pcm had to be re-progarammed. I ended up getting the trans replaced under extended warranty and all of my issues are gone. Just for :q:q:q:qs and gigs, call that company and ask how, when, and where they get their parts. Then ask how they test everything. You'll find out just how much of a joke they really are.

+1

I had a terrible experience with 800700trans. My tranny was slipping all the way through 3rd, and had a weird surging thing going on at hwy speeds. My mechanic wasn't pulling any trans related codes, and while searching this site, I thought I might find an easy(cheap) fix from 800trans. After putting in their "rebuilt" selonoid and valve body my car would barely go into reverse and would'nt engage drive. After numerous calls to them, I finally got the HNIC, and he said the pcm had to be re-progarammed. I ended up getting the trans replaced under extended warranty and all of my issues are gone. Just for :q:q:q:qs and gigs, call that company and ask how, when, and where they get their parts. Then ask how they test everything. You'll find out just how much of a joke they really are.

Just wondering, but if your trans was under extended warranty, why didn't you have the work done properly to begin with?

Members online

No members online now.
Back