Need help. Check Engine Light. Lean Bank 2 and 1

drag214

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Ive' been trying to figure this out. Check engine light is on. I pulled P173 and P174 with my scanner tool. My air/ fuel ratio gauge is lean. I also am getting a rattle sound from the engine bay when the engine is under a load. I thought it might be a vacum leak. I checked all my lines They are good. New fuel filter and no missfires. The only thing I havent done is inspect the intake manifold. The car was badly niglected before I got it and it now has over 180,000 miles. I'm thinking I may need to replace the intake manifold gasket. any other ideas?

Modifications:
LS Customs Cold air intake
Magniflow Exhaust

Anyone care to give a helping hand?

Does anyone have an idea of what could be causing the problems?

Getting a lean mix in both banks most likely indicates a problem with the MAF. If it were a gastket it might only throw you a code for the bank that's worn out rather than both at once, but with 180k, I'd change everthing i could...

Getting a lean mix in both banks most likely indicates a problem with the MAF. If it were a gastket it might only throw you a code for the bank that's worn out rather than both at once, but with 180k, I'd change everthing i could...

That makes sence. I'll go with the MAF. That's alot easier than the intake minifold.

Well if the MAF doesn't fix your problem then check the connection of your fuel injectors. With that many miles the connector might have wiggled loose.

Well if the MAF doesn't fix your problem then check the connection of your fuel injectors. With that many miles the connector might have wiggled loose.

The engine isn't misfiring. But yes, I have checked the connections to the fuel injectors. They're good.

Members online

No members online now.
Back