Need Help Finishing My System

Griff

LVC Member
Reaction score
I'm almost done with my system for my 02 LS Sport. I put in a JVC HU in it (I got it due to the Fron AUX Input for my Ipod). I bought two pairs of Infiniti Kappa 2 ways for my doors, and a pair of Alpine Type R 5x7 2 ways for the rear deck. I'm going to put the Alpines in the front doors and move a set of the Kappas to the rear deck. I haven't put in the rear deck speakers in yet due to not having an amp yet, so I still have the stock woofers in. I'm going to run the Alpines off the HU, since they're rated at a lower power than the Infinitis.

So this is where I need help. I'm looking to add a 4 channel amp for the Infinitis, and a small sub for the bass. What are some decent amps that give out some solid power? I was looking at Kickers, Alpines, and Rockford Fosgates, but I figured I'd come here for some advice. Also I'm looking for advice on what type of sub I should get or that would best suit the system. I listen to mostly rock and metal, so a big booming sub wouldn't fit what I'm looking for. I was thinking maybe a 10" bass tube or something along those lines. Any assistance from the audio guys would be great...Thanks

kicker 4 channel Is a great amp they push about 75x4 I want one for my mids and high I have an older kenwood Exalon Its in the spare tire well and Its cool has a built in cooling fan so dont have to worry about it.... I think your opening a can of worms by asking which is a good amp EVERYONE has different likes IM myself love KICKER I also like the newer rockfords now also but good luck shop around for a good deal

Yeah. I realize I'm leaving an oen door with the question, but it's been a long time since I've had a system in my car. I'm kind of out of the loop on what's good out there. I did see the Kickers, and all of the reviews I've read were positive. I'm going to take a trip out this weekend to some audio shops and take a listen to some different amps and subs.

I think Alpine V12s are really good, I have 2 one 4 channel (55x4 for 4 doors, Infinity Kappas in the rear door and Infinity components in the fronts) and one 2 channel (80x2 for rear deck's 6x9 Infinity Kappas), very clean and steady sound.

I have not heard much about Alpine amps, and nothing too great about RF. Kicker amps can be good.

I personally look away from the larger brands out there. If you look at some of the smaller audiophile companies you can find some great products. I am partial to Elemental Designs but there are other good ones as well.

Here is the 9.4 from ED.
http://edesignaudio.com/product.php?cid=6&pid=10&cur=USD

I had alpine Type R system all throughout my 98 Durango and I never had any complaints. Just remember to Dyno. No one likes the rattle.

RE Audio
Boston Acoustics
Elemental Designs
Digital Designs

All are very good but some can be expensive. Solid products and some of the best systems I have seen though.

Members online

No members online now.
Back