need help with factory anti-theft system

jays94mark

LVC Member
Reaction score
this is an issue that started with prior owners , if you use the power lock button,fob,or keypad to lock the car after 30 seconds or so the horn starts sounding and lights blinking as if the alarm was tripped , ive tried the wd-40 the door switches like the dealship said to try , but no luck , my car is a 1994 mark 8 basic with moonroof , i need help to fix this or locate the source of this problem any idea's ????? (also if i lock the car manually by just pushing the lock buttons down its fine??)

press the last two buttons on your key pad it locks the doors, open up your key fob maybe the silicone thingy is out of place, happened to me, is your alarm like ear peircing loud?

edit: read it wrong dont listen to me -.-

yeah sounds like the common gen1 alarm snafu , i thought the common practice was to unplug the module and then everything will be fine. and dont worry about the lack of a 16 year old alarm, its pretty much useless anymore

yeah sounds like the common gen1 alarm snafu , i thought the common practice was to unplug the module and then everything will be fine. and dont worry about the lack of a 16 year old alarm, its pretty much useless anymore

+1

Under the glove box, to the right hand side, you will see a off white colored box and it should say anti-theft on it. It has two plugs going in it. Pull the plugs. Your remote will still function, the panic button will still sound the horns and pushing the lock button on the remote will still chirp the horn but the alarm will stop going off on it's own.

Sounds like it could be a bad door trigger, hood pin, or trunk pin if the car has one. It sounds like on of those things is triggering the alarm as if something is open even when it's not.

the hood pin switch is the likely culprit. Take some WF-40 and spray the pin. Then press the switch up and down about 20-30 times. Also make sure it is plugged up. When I had my silver 93, I was driving down the road and the horn started going off. I had to disconnect the battery for it to stop. My case was a bad anti-theft module. I replaced it, and everything was good.

my 94 and 93 both did that, it was the hood switch, and yes if you manually push the lock down when exiting you will be fine

+1

Under the glove box, to the right hand side, you will see a off white colored box and it should say anti-theft on it. It has two plugs going in it. Pull the plugs. Your remote will still function, the panic button will still sound the horns and pushing the lock button on the remote will still chirp the horn but the alarm will stop going off on it's own.

Was wondering, My alarm only sounds the horn when I hit the lock button 2 times, is there a way to reprogram for horn when I hit the lock button once and then sound off when I hit the unlock button?

Does anyone's alarm blink the lights? I think I noticed the lights blink real fast and I mean fast when I have used the keyfob to lock the doors.. If I sit there and keep hitting the lock button several times I see a faint blink in the tail lights.

As the car will flash lights when you hit the panic button should it also flash them when you lock or unlock them?

Was wondering, My alarm only sounds the horn when I hit the lock button 2 times, is there a way to reprogram for horn when I hit the lock button once and then sound off when I hit the unlock button?
not sure on a gen 1 but on a gen 2 you can change this setting through the message center "horn chirp" it will do a short chirp when you lock, nothing for unlock

I made a boopoo when installing my door handle pulled the anit theft sensor from the key hole lock and installed it backward. Now when I manually lock it with the key it turns off the AT. Lol funny :q:q:q:q

Did you press the button underneath the steering wheel?

Speaking of keypads and stuff... Not that I use mine but how would I get it to work?

Speaking of keypads and stuff... Not that I use mine but how would I get it to work?

well if it does work, try this

first, roll down window

second open trunk

third look on the pass side trunk arm there should be a sticker with the door code on it, write that down

press 7/8 & 9/0 at the same time, doors should lock, then enter the code you wrote down it should unlock the drivers door.

press 3/4 after you enter the unlock code and the pass door should unlock

hit 5/6 after you enter the unlock code and it will pop your trunk

if it works at all

well if it does work, try this

first, roll down window

second open trunk

third look on the pass side trunk arm there should be a sticker with the door code on it, write that down

press 7/8 & 9/0 at the same time, doors should lock, then enter the code you wrote down it should unlock the drivers door.

press 3/4 after you enter the unlock code and the pass door should unlock

hit 5/6 after you enter the unlock code and it will pop your trunk

if it works at all

Hey it worked!!! Not like I will ever use it but its cool to see it working. THANKS!!!

I keep a spare set of keys in my car (hidden) and use my keypad all the time-it is a great feature. I can, but dont often, warm it up with the keys in and running, with the door locked-input the code and go, nice in winter to warm it up.

As far as the alarm is concerned, disconnect it-easy to do, I had a friend with a 94 and he had intermittent problems with no crank, rather than lose his mind, he disconnected it. No other issues since then, and that was a few years ago.

Mine will go off only if the temp outside hits 50 degrees. I have litteraly sat by the tv, watching the weather channel and as soon as the temp drops to 50-boom alarm starts goin ape sheit. Drives me banana sandwich.

Members online

Back