Need help with my Lincoln's rear end

Telco

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I took it for a drive down to my dad's house today to fix the paint, and it felt like I have a clunk in the rear end, like I keep hitting potholes or something. Can anyone see what might be wrong? I took a picture...

20-lincolnls-cutaway-rr-01.jpg

I took it for a drive down to my dad's house today to fix the paint, and it felt like I have a clunk in the rear end, like I keep hitting potholes or something. Can anyone see what might be wrong? I took a picture...

20-lincolnls-cutaway-rr-01.jpg

Easy..... You're missing part of your tire.

Hey you're right! I wonder if it's related to the draft I also feel coming in from behind the driver's seat? Heh heh heh... naw really I'm about to change the rear outer tie rod ends (there's probably a different name for the part but everyone should know what parts I'm talking about) and I need the torque value for the nuts, if anyone has them handy.

Ive heard it called the rear tie rod, or the rear adjustable links

I thought I was the only one with the chromed rear suspension parts.

Please note that the nuts are one-time use and must be replaced. They don't come with the toe links.

Can any one tell me the socket size to tighten the rear axle nut , thanks in advance Frank T

Can any one tell me the socket size to tighten the rear axle nut , thanks in advance Frank T

So is it fair to say that no one here knows what size the rear axle nut is , OK not a problem Frank T

Members online

No members online now.
Back