need help

HOT 97

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
hey whaz up guys,
okay my problem is that my 1997 mark viii is making a crazy sound out the front passenger side, when i jack it up it makes the noise all the way untill the tire is off the floor. when its on the floor and u move the steering wheel it does it too and when driving when it hits bumps.

sounds like a old creaky door? check out the entire front end, it could be outter tie rod end, upper and/or lower ball joints, strut rod bushings, sway bar end link. best bet is to have someone rock the wheel causing the noise and put your hand on each component, and you should be able to feel it, then where you feel it the strongest thats your bad part. depending on the millage you might wanna lookinto getting the entire front end rebuilt.

ball joints.. do not drive it until you fix it.

if you dont heed that warning, when the ball joint fails you'll need ALOT more parts including a fender, possibly hood and paint.

I second that
I had the same issue. Tommy told me the same thing and that was it. It should sound like and old metal farm gate.

yepp its gotta be the control..same thing happened to me.. i drove on it for about a week before i got it fixed..left a hole in my wallet though =/

now its getting worst it souds like im on a pirate ship, loud creaking sound all the time while driving turning everthing, jacked up the car and checked the wheel for play but its pretty solid, when i was putting it back down it started to make the noise as it was comming down, and when the car is on the ground if you push down on the fender it makes it too. could it be the shock

when you put the car up in the air to check the suspension did you have the suspension supported if not that could mask bad parts

REBUILD THE FRONT END, thats all you need to know. replace upper and lower control arms with new ones, ball joints are included, replace the strut rod bushings, tie rods and end links, then you'll have yourself a nice riding , no noise making car. and you can come back and thank everyone !

If your parts look like this you need to replace them ASAP.

car002.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back