Need new spring for LH door handle

yukonjack

LVC Member
Reaction score
Anyone have an extra spring for door handle on drivers side? I have a 93 Mk8 and am replacing the handle and just discovered the spring end is broken.

If not, how about a alternate solution. Thanks for all your help.

I have an extra driver's side handle, it's black. You just want the spring or the whole thing?

Thanks Rick - how much for the total package vs spring only. BTW - the handle I pulled off uses the heavy bolt as a counterweight and has LH2 stamped on the back of it.

Thanks Rick - how much for the total package vs spring only. BTW - the handle I pulled off uses the heavy bolt as a counterweight and has LH2 stamped on the back of it.

Mine has the molded counterweight and says FN10 on the back. Here is some pics:

DoorHandleFront.jpg

DoorHandleBack.jpg

afaik, bolt counterweight is the old style, molded counterweight is the new style. i've had much better luck with the molded counterweight.

After seeing a few of these door handle threads I just pull on the top of the door and not on the handle. My door seems to stick as the suction holds it closed because she is air tight and I think that's why so many break the handles.

After seeing a few of these door handle threads I just pull on the top of the door and not on the handle.

I lecture my wife frequently on the proper method of opening a Mark VIII door. She thinks it's funny when I get mad at her for yanking on it (Insert derogatory comment here)

I lecture my wife frequently on the proper method of opening a Mark VIII door. She thinks it's funny when I get mad at her for yanking on it (Insert derogatory comment here)

A friend of mine opened my Mark's passenger door ONE TIME and she broke the handle. What is wrong with women?

Members online

Back