Need new tires - suggestions?

fossten

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Guys,

I've searched all over this forum and have found very few references to good tire recommendations for the MK8. I've got a 93 and I'm going to get new ones this week. I really don't want to spend more than $500 total.

Any suggestions? I really want handling and quiet more than wear.

Sumitimo HTR II's... cheap and max performance for the money... decent thread life as well.

Falken Z-512. Less than $400 for the set at Discount Tire. Handle great wet and dry.

I got a set of 60,000 mile turing tires from pep boys + 4 wheel aliment for about $500
but it took those jackasses 3+ hours to get it done (needless to say there wont be a pep boys in nascar pits)

or try ypur local Fea market lots of tire places sell new tires thier.

fossten said:
Guys,

I've searched all over this forum and have found very few references to good tire recommendations for the MK8. I've got a 93 and I'm going to get new ones this week. I really don't want to spend more than $500 total.

Any suggestions? I really want handling and quiet more than wear.

Depend if you need right side or left.... I can only help with the left side you should talk to Bryan about the right LOL...

Yokohama's are very good.. the run about $75 or so from Tire Rack. Oh and these are the ones that Bryan uses....

mespock said:
Depend if you need right side or left.... I can only help with the left side you should talk to Bryan about the right LOL...

Yokohama's are very good.. the run about $75 or so from Tire Rack. Oh and these are the ones that Bryan uses....

haha good one rich...:D

Thanks to all of you.

i work at discount tire now and when i finally get my mark up and on the road im gonna go with some yokohama yk420. very good all the way around and fairly cheap i think they run about 75 a piece

I had never heard of the Falkens before, but I decided to go with them, V-rated. I should have them on by Friday. Free shipping!!!

Thanks everybody!

fossten said:
I had never heard of the Falkens before, but I decided to go with them, V-rated. I should have them on by Friday. Free shipping!!!

Thanks everybody!
Yeah I got mine for 320 shipped.

:) I too needed tires, I just bought the yokohama YK 420's today. I like them a lot. Got them at discount tire. Just under $500 including lifetime mounting, balance and lifetime road hazzard as well.

Members online

No members online now.
Back