Need some suggestions...

any time i have ever talked to a "rep", they have always just been a standard marketing person, parroting off what they read or have been told(often incorrectly), and has never been one of the engineers that actually whats really going on with the product they built. just someone selling you on why their product is better than brand X.

this is all from my personal experience, YMMV

6000 thats insane I have never dared to do that with any of my vehicles!

With the synthetic oils that are out now. The dealer suggested 7500 miles between oil changes with both of our SS's. I change the oil in the LS once a year. But I don't even put 2000 miles on it in a year either.

A good read if you have the time... http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=136052

To some comments above, you can change too frequent. Not only do you have that clangy moment while the pump is primed on initial startup, but the filter does not filter as efficiently as it does after it has been used for a bit so you get more wear there too.

I'll stick with the Motorcraft synthetic blend since that's what the car came with and Ford can't weasel out of the drivetrain warranty if I keep using it!

It's more important to stick with a type of oil then anything else. The type of oil you use will determine the wear patterns your engine gets. Switching back and forth will cause the patterns to change which can eventually wear things out prematurely. For all intensive purposes, a full synthetic is the best bet. However, a synthetic blend is a nice compromise too. You might not get every little last benefit of a full synthetic oil, but you get quite a lot of them such as reduced wear, better flow, and longer life.

Since I got a maintenance plan with my car, I just have them change the oil every 3K because that is what I paid for. I feel I am not adequately getting my moneys worth if I wait till the car tells me to change oil. Funny part is, all 3 dealers that have touched the car always put the sticker on the windshield at 3K intervals as well.

Thanks for clarifying this. I was under the impression that a, b, and c were all seperate. At least from what I read there are 3 solenoids? In one assembly?

Correct. It's called a solenoid block. You cannot buy the solenoids separately.

With the synthetic oils that are out now. The dealer suggested 7500 miles between oil changes with both of our SS's. I change the oil in the LS once a year. But I don't even put 2000 miles on it in a year either.

Cool never knew you could get so many miles out of the oil, All the cars ive owned before have been late model cheap cars that I felt needed the 3k oil changes. 2k a year on the Ls is sweet man, If you dont mind me asking how many miles does the Ls have?

Members online

No members online now.
Back