New Ford Taurus! WOW!

tireman

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Rented a 2013 Ford Taurus Limited all leather with total electronics package for a 500 mile trip this week. This car reminds me of the LS. It is kick ass. Great interior details and total quality feel. Looks like the Chrysler C300 only bigger. I also rented the C300 but can't say much positive about it. The Taurus was FWD with flawless shifting, quiet, cool, fast, easily broke 100 MPH without much effort. Super cool electronics by Microsoft, touch panels, no more buttons, easy ergonomic style. Try it out before you buy anything else, this car has gotten it right, I believe you can also get an AWD version. The price tag is steep at $31k -39k. Not sure if I would buy at that price knowing the reliabilty of prior cars. I think a better buy would be a used Caddy CTS at under 15k.

Rented a 2013 Ford Taurus Limited all leather with total electronics package for a 500 mile trip this week. This car reminds me of the LS. It is kick ass. Great interior details and total quality feel. Looks like the Chrysler C300 only bigger. I also rented the C300 but can't say much positive about it. The Taurus was FWD with flawless shifting, quiet, cool, fast, easily broke 100 MPH without much effort. Super cool electronics by Microsoft, touch panels, no more buttons, easy ergonomic style. Try it out before you buy anything else, this car has gotten it right, I believe you can also get an AWD version. The price tag is steep at $31k -39k. Not sure if I would buy at that price knowing the reliabilty of prior cars. I think a better buy would be a used Caddy CTS at under 15k.

The Taurus is FAR more reliable than a CTS :lol:

But you are right. Ford has gotten it right with their entire lineup. If you liked the Taurus, you should try out a 2013 Fusion.. You can get one LOADED for 30k

All I will say is that my department bought 70 new Taurus SHO's, the twin turbo ones....A guy a couple counties away from me caught some kid on a street bike.

That is all.

Saw the fusions at the dealer and must say if I had to drive a fwd I wouldint mind one if then. The metallic black paint looks amazing.

LOL I test drove the fusion. Drives like CRAP. Car feels cheaper than a Chinese toy factory. But, that was in 2009.

I had a rental fusion last week. It was a really good car. Very zippy, and handled nicely. Road noise was a negative. But I enjoyed it much more than the Mazda 6, VW Jetta (not really comparable, I know), and base Dodge Chargers I've had recently.

Don't get a Fusion with a 1.6 Ecoboost. They're going up in flames. Ford has a stop sales on them until they figure out what's wrong. The dealer here is calling new owners not to even drive it to the dealership, they'll come and tow it for them1

tireman

tireman atlanta ga

rented a dodge charger too, ok car, fun, but not luxury. Lacking something.

maybe i can rent a fusion next time i'm on the road to compare with the Taurus.

would like to try the SHO version, sounds real fun.

Still the reliability issue keeps me away from buying. I remember the old taurus, was supposed to be super reliable, turned out to be a loser big time. You know the story, fool me once shame on me! The LS has not changed my mind.

Seems to me they like to shoot themselves in the foot and the buying public is the loser. Poor quality parts, subpar assembly. Ran my Maxima to 225k nearly flawless.

Don't get a Fusion with a 1.6 Ecoboost. They're going up in flames. Ford has a stop sales on them until they figure out what's wrong. The dealer here is calling new owners not to even drive it to the dealership, they'll come and tow it for them1

:eek: I would only consider the 2.0T, but that's still NOT good.

As unreliable as the LS seems to be, and horror stories from other Vehicles, I still think Ford is doing a hell of a job compared to any other, especially american auto manufacturer.

Although, my Mitsubishi built Chrysler Sebring is the most reliable vehicle I've ever owned or known.

Besides Brake pads, oil, and tires, the ONLY thing I've had to do to it from 80,000 to 175,000 miles is a new battery and radiator. Absolutely incredible.

Now my ex Fiance's 2005 Trailblazer with 40,000 miles on it got worked on more often than all 3 of my other Vehicles combined. And my Roommates 2003 Silverado SS falls apart on a daily basis, and he has babied that thing from the showroom floor.

And I won't even get into Chrysler products.. (my chrysler doesn't count, they didn't touch it lol)

I do like the new Tarus SHO. I am not a fan of FWD, or in the case of the SHO FWD Bias AWD cars. That keeps me away.

Other fords are much more reliable than the LS including the fuision and Taurus.

Members online

Back