New Lincoln Mark VIII owner!

Bouncer88

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Well after a lot of admiration over these cars I finally got one.

My name is Kevin I am a 20 year old US marine and a mechanic by trade, done my active duty time and now I am part of the reserves.

I bought a 1992 S10 two weeks ago to daily drive but it is too much of a project so I put it aside at my shop (my first very own business ! :D ) to build into a speed machine (406 small block, muncie 4 speed, you know the typical v8 s10 right? ). So I was driving down main street in the town next over where all of a sudden, BAM! out of the corner of my eye I see a Lincoln Mark VIII (1994 model to be exact) and the body was in incredible shape. He only wanted $500!!!!!!!!!!! but there is a reason, needs new starter and front end work, but working at autozone part time while I am not running my business I said well I can definitely fit this in my schedule to get it on the road. Then I sighed and saw the miles , 247,xxx. Five minutes later I come back after a test drive, and my face had a huge smile sort of like this one > :D .

I talked him down to $450 and there wasnt even one spec of rust or rot on the entire car , I guess they just moved up to New England from NC , hence the awesome body. Oh it also has new brakes all around, new alternator, and brand spankin new tires.

Anyways thanks for the warm welcomes (I Hope!) and I hope to spend lots of time here.

Welcome aboard. Sounds like a nice find. I would watch the alt he put on, if its a rebuilt one from napa or autozone or comparable store they have a high failure rate.

Semper Fi

Welcome aboard "Devil Dog!"
You have come to the right place for support.
Congrats on opening your own shop!

:W :V :Beer :GotPics: :wrench :drunk: :monkey: :steering :zgreenbou :facesjump :headbang:

:cool:

Welcome, I have debated for the last almost yr on selling my 94 and even after it has been sitting since March of this yr till today I still could not let it go

It is the autozone reman unit, have the reciept in my hand. As soon as I suspect something I will go to Ford and buy one through them.

I hope the miles aren't going to hold me back though. I want to do the cobra intake / plenum swap (I think that's right) , exhaust, intake, and exhaust just to give it a bit more uummphh. Throw some nice wheels on there, do mustangs have the same bolt pattern? One of my friends who works for me at the shop does the body work we do down there so I will probably have him sand it down and respray it black at some point.

Welcome aboard......I'm a newbie here (not in age). These guys know their sh*%#t. Listen to them. Don't know about it from their "personal life" advice, but certainly follow their advice from a Mark VIII stand point.

Welcome Kevin!

If the engine was well maintained, the miles on your car can exceed 300,000 and if it were me, I would just get the body looking nice, get it all sprayed back black again, get some nice looking rims on it and drive it as it is unless you just want to put the money into another intake and all the other modifications with the mileage it has.

Save your money for the front end work because once you get started, it will eat into the wallet if you do it right. Just my 2 cents!

I do everything right, at least when it comes to working on cars. No short cuts, you take short cuts it could cost you your life or someone elses especially if you are dealing with suspension and brakes.

I think maybe I should just buy another motor and build that on the side while I build my s10 and when I think it has the little bit more pep I want then it will be thrown in.

Welcome, and Semper Fi!

Even if it is a Gen 1, you've gotten a nice ride. Good luck, and like the man said, these folks are great resources for all things Mark. :)

Welcome Kevin!

If the engine was well maintained, the miles on your car can exceed 300,000 and if it were me, I would just get the body looking nice, get it all sprayed back black again, get some nice looking rims on it and drive it as it is unless you just want to put the money into another intake and all the other modifications with the mileage it has.

Save your money for the front end work because once you get started, it will eat into the wallet if you do it right. Just my 2 cents!

Thats for sure, im doing mine now. Goodbye money:(

Welcome to LVC from the active Air Force. What can i say? I like my cars to have a cockpit and borderline flight. These cars run forever if you keep them up. And these guys can help you with any repair or part.

Welcome! I just joined and was warmly welcomed here. Great group of guys and great ammount of knowledge.
thumb.jpg
I have learned quite a bit here. Just remember to use the search function as some get anal about it!
rlaugh.gif

Oh yeah
worthless.gif

I will have pics after work today, hoping the weather clears up, either way there will be pics.

you bought a car for what I spent in front end bushing, rear shocks, end links being installed. Damn deal, especially in running condition

It is the autozone reman unit, have the reciept in my hand. As soon as I suspect something I will go to Ford and buy one through them.

Or just warranty swap or force return it, if it wants to refund to a credit card, override it or just do a no receipt return and get a merch card, then get the DLG. If you have a cool PSM at your store or are one.

Nice deal you got there, btw.

Here we go, only pic I have I got so wrapped up in enjoying the car and cleaning it because it was filthy! That I only have one burnout pic.

After paint, 5 spoke time attack wheels and spoiler, I will have many pictures.

Oh and the burnout was before the wash.

GetAttachmentaspx-1.gif

One wheel peel FTMFW!!!!!
leaving.jpg

LOL

I guess you noticed that the rubber build up behind that one wheel peel builds up quick on the side of the bumper cover. I finally learned to stop it after seeing how much rubber I was losing and cleaning off in chunks. Keep in mind, our transmissions with that many miles don't like burning out very much. You'll see when the shudder starts on you.

Looks like you got yourself a deal!

LOL

I guess you noticed that the rubber build up behind that one wheel peel builds up quick on the side of the bumper cover. I finally learned to stop it after seeing how much rubber I was losing and cleaning off in chunks. Keep in mind, our transmissions with that many miles don't like burning out very much. You'll see when the shudder starts on you.

Looks like you got yourself a deal!

I already got the "shudder" I believe , well not really but it does shift very very hard. I know the transmission is on its way out, but I have a commercial account with a junkyard over here and well, $300 dollars for one with 43k miles, am I worried? No because that is a chance to install a new converter.

I already got the "shudder" I believe , well not really but it does shift very very hard. I know the transmission is on its way out, but I have a commercial account with a junkyard over here and well, $300 dollars for one with 43k miles, am I worried? No because that is a chance to install a new converter.

Good show.
thumb.jpg

Since mine is my DD as well I try not to burn out too much but sometimes the kid in me comes out. Also, if I blew the trans I would be SOL cause I havent a clue where the nearest junk yard is. I can swap it just fine as I have the air tools and knowledge but right now I dont have the cash to drop on a $800 used trans to get sent to me. :(

Members online

No members online now.
Back