New Owner and New to the LVC Boards

Nice LS. Welcome to LVC! Speaking of lights you should take a look at some of the members LS's that have done complete LED conversions. They look awesome, maybe future mod you may be interested in.

Yeah have been looking for pictures of complete sets.

In reading it seems as though I can put HID bulbs straight into my existing fog lamps? I don't see how this would work??

Welcome aboard. Lots of info and good people here. I'm about to move up to a low mileage 06 myself.

My last ride had about 6K worth of sound system in so I am a little familar with that part.

What goes into a 6k auto system? I have a full JBL system for my band and that tops out at about $5800....and it included a sub on wheels with TWO 18's and QSC amps that would leave you deaf if you ever if you ever used them in a car. I bought some stuff used but still. Can't imagine the speakers for a car approach the crazy stuff you get for home audio as speaker placement in a car is so limited and great speakers are all about placement to get your monies worth.

Yeah have been looking for pictures of complete sets.

In reading it seems as though I can put HID bulbs straight into my existing fog lamps? I don't see how this would work??

Don't. Don't put HID bulbs in any halogen reflectors, ever. Glare and horrible beam patterns aren't cool. I suggest going to hidplanet.com and doing some reading.

What goes into a 6k auto system? I have a full JBL system for my band and that tops out at about $5800....and it included a sub on wheels with TWO 18's and QSC amps that would leave you deaf if you ever if you ever used them in a car. I bought some stuff used but still. Can't imagine the speakers for a car approach the crazy stuff you get for home audio as speaker placement in a car is so limited and great speakers are all about placement to get your monies worth.

It's easy to hit 6K in a car for several reasons.

1. Placement and space are key, so where and how you mount your amps and subs are paramount in the way of sound. Most cars have custom built sub boxes that requores a few hours and decent material to build.

2. The subs and wiring are also fairly pricey, assuming you don't go to walmart to get them. I think my subs alone were in the 500-600 per range.

The amps weren't too bad only 1K and the Mids and Highs set me back around 1K total.

Labor is intensive though if you want it done right. Most of my interior came out of the car. When they were done with it you could not see or tell a thing. Until I turned it up :)

OEM HIDs are nice :)

DSC_0341_s.jpg

damn i love those wheels

and i kno im late but welcome to lvc

1. Placement and space are key, so where and how you mount your amps and subs are paramount in the way of sound. Most cars have custom built sub boxes that requores a few hours and decent material to build.

2. The subs and wiring are also fairly pricey, assuming you don't go to walmart to get them. I think my subs alone were in the 500-600 per range.

The amps weren't too bad only 1K and the Mids and Highs set me back around 1K total.

Labor is intensive though if you want it done right. Most of my interior came out of the car. When they were done with it you could not see or tell a thing. Until I turned it up :)

you can get a great system without dropping that, and you can install yourself if you know what you are doing

what kind of amps did you use? mcintosh or some other high end stuff ?

you can get a great system without dropping that, and you can install yourself if you know what you are doing

True you can get a great system without dropping that much... just like you can have a fast ride without dropping 10-12K. Depends on what ya want. You want a competion car and 6K is not even a begining.

As for doing the work yourself..... I have never been that good with tools. I stick to the Tech side and let someone else do the labor :)

well I use to compete for less then 6K, granted it was years and years ago

but get a van if you want to compete dont use a lincoln

Members online

No members online now.
Back