New Paint Job on Lincoln Mark VIII

TofuDog

LVC Member
Reaction score
I was surprised on Friday by my mom with a new paint job on my car. My 98 Lincoln Mark had been in the valley all week getting routine work and I went to pick it up and noticed that my chrome was off my car. I threw a fit, wondering where the chrome was. Then, I noticed my car had been repainted. It looks really nice.

I'm just sad because I can't wash or clean my car for three weeks. I got to wait for the paint to cure and I have to put my car in a parade tomorrow, dirty. Haha....

But, I will be putting new chrome on it in about a month when I get back down to the valley.

Here are some pictures.

Lincolnpainted2.JPG

My LMark with the new paint

Lincolnpainted1.JPG

Me and my LMark. I am so happy.

Lincolnpainted3.JPG

My LMark in the background and somebody else's in the foreground. I have no idea whose gray lincoln that is. I like to park my car next to other people's lincolns and take pictures.

lincoln looks pretty good. what are you talking about chrome, you have an lsc? are you talking about the around the wheel wells because my personal preference would be to leave it off?

Would you put the chrome back on the car?

If you see the top picture and then the pic I posted in another post below, you can see the difference.

Honestly, I prefer the chrome. My car looks NAKED :eek: without it.

The chrome makes it stand out from the other Lincolns.

Although I am not a fan of Chrome wheel mouldings, or that lower stuff you had....It's your car to do as you wish. That was very nice of your mom to send it off to be repainted, and hope your happy with the outcome.

What brand of paint is it, and who did the work? I am a user/fan of Akzo Nobel: Sikkens, and Lesonal paint lines.

id leave the chrome off, but i HATE chrome anyways so........... i think just the green looks good

I want to black out my chrome.
Nice paint job...I like that color.

The car would look a LOT nicer without the added chrome, nice paint job though !!!

Looks good as is right now, I wouldn't put the chrome back on :)

JoeyGood said:
Looks good as is right now, I wouldn't put the chrome back on :)

I agree...Put all the chrome bits down and slowly back away from the newly painted Mark...;) :D

All the chrome bits do nothing for the Mark IMO. But whatever does it for ya.

Cheers,

Brad

If you want a perfectly honest opinion, that chrome makes your car look like it is owned by an old man who got bored and just didn't know what to do with his car. It's not terribly attractive either. It actually looks real cheap.

The LSC cars were distinctive because of their lack of chrome.

But hey, it's your car. Do whatever you want.

If you really want your car to stand out with the use of chrome, how about some nice wheels instead, eh? Stock snowflakes don't exactly set a distinctive trend. ;)

Hey, that's Sanderson Lincoln Mercury in the background. That's only a few miles from my house.

heres another vote GET RID OF THAT CHROME lol... its your car but i dont like it at all, i see that on cars and it makes me laugh.

i am a fan of crome but with that color and those rims id say leave the wheel wells crome off......
but i like that crome strip u got on the bottom but again u kinda need rims to set it off .......

if anything and u put both back on at least get some stock crome rims from a towncar or soemthing

Looks good.:D :D
Thats a great mom to have your car painted for you.

Chrome.. It's your car do what you like !!!:cool: :cool:

I read that Dr Paul and MarkVIII93 think you should put an SVT badge on the car.

Members online

No members online now.
Back