New Tires are a comin...

Hey Crackerjack, not sure why you wanted me to chime in. I don't any more than anyone here, but I did put a set of Yokohama AVID V4S on my 16" rims. They were a really good tire for me. They weren't so good in the snow, but dry pavement they have really decent performance and in rain I felt pretty secure. As far as where to get them cheapest? I just go to Discount Tire. Have been for 5 years now, and they have been good to me.

I agree with everyone else though. Don't count on all-season tires to get you through a winter here. If you haven't yet, getting a second set of :q:q:q:qty rims and putting snow tires on them is the best and easiest way to survive a winter. I did it, and haven't had one problem all winter.

You could bring them along for the next MN meet. I'll bring my video camera. Hopefully I'll be standing on the right side to actually see the burnout. :D

+1 Bring them to the next meet

Hey Pete. Any idea when that is gonna happen? Talked to John recently?

Well, another lvc member (Frasch) was going to be in MN the weekend of April 4th. Was thinking maybe then.

Holy crap that's only a couple weeks away.

April 4th? Crap, I had no idea! That's what I get for not getting on here very much lately :). Is that a for sure with other people too? Or just something being talked about?
Sorry for jacking your thread Cracker :D

Well, it hasn't been talked about openly here yet. Just via pm's so far. I need to get my rear surround painted soon!

....I never got any, I feel kinda left out and lonely now:( guess I'm not cool enough.....

haha... no not like that. Frasch pm'ed me, so I talked about it with him. Then John pm'ed me to find out what's new with the LS, so I mentioned it to him.

I figured I'd start a separate thread once I found out for sure that frasch was coming up that weekend.

I have the Falken Ziex ZE-512 in my car, I think they are good tires.
I use them all season long, and we gets lots of snow up here in Canada, only got stuck once, and it was in my driveway.
I don't know why everyone says they are bad tires.:confused:

I ran the crap OE tire 65k and put Goodyear Eagle ResponsEdge on the stock wheels. The tires are great dry & wet, northern michigan they were good 1 winter, and ok the 2nd. I dont know if ill run them a 3rd....no all season tire will ever be 100% but i have been very happy with mine!

Members online

No members online now.
Back