New to the forum,new to lincolns

quickssilver

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Wassup LVC i just recently joined the forum. Also i recently discovered a love for the lincoln ls. I am in another car club(caprices,impalas,roadmaster) and am used to driving the V8 lt1 motor.But recently i was looking to buy a new reliable car.I thought about a gtp,300m,or aurora.But one of my buddies bought a lincoln ls and i was hooked.im looking to purchase one in the coming week or so,this 2001 V8 w/87000 miles.Any thing i should know about these cars before i purchase?any specific questions to ask the owner?what should i look out for?Any tips are appreciated thanx:)

Valve cover gaskets, coils, ball joints, and sway bar bushings are the most common first thing i would do is check the spark plug wells for oil. other than that its a pretty good car

so you got it ask if the coils have been changed and the window regulators, how can you check, push down and up on all the windows and make sure it goes up and down regularly and do a test drive if the car has a rough iddle it may have coil issues. now the coils and window issues are comon and you can buy the parts either here at team ford or ebay for really cheap. other than that its a good car. can we ask you how much your paying for this LS we find sometimes that peaple that dont know about this car tend to over pay a little. let us know we can help you.

so you got it ask if the coils have been changed and the window regulators, how can you check, push down and up on all the windows and make sure it goes up and down regularly and do a test drive if the car has a rough iddle it may have coil issues. now the coils and window issues are comon and you can buy the parts either here at team ford or ebay for really cheap. other than that its a good car. can we ask you how much your paying for this LS we find sometimes that peaple that dont know about this car tend to over pay a little. let us know we can help you.

well im in the 4-5k range for now.theres one around here in philly a 2001 ls with 87k on it for 5k that i want.im looking to spend in that range tho,not really looking to mod until im finished my other project.just something luxurious and reliable,better on gas than 5.7 wagon lol

The LS ain't all that great as far as gas mileage. My friggin' 99 Tahoe with the L31 5.7 Vortec gets similar mileage. City driving is where you'll notice it more. That's mainly how mine's driven and per the car's message center, mine gets 14.4mpg.

Welcome to the forum. Don't be a douchebag and you will fit right in.

:)

Welcome to the forum. Don't be a douchebag and you will fit right in.

:)

thas one thing i dont have to worry about:)

but more importantly than gas mileage i just want reliability.from the research ive done and from what ive been reading it seem as if the LS is everything im looking for rolled into one package and i cant wait until i get mine!i will post pics,hopefully the one i want with 87k on the dash is still available:p

You'd pay more in the beginning but would likely payoff in the end by getting an '03-06. Nothing against the early year guys but the later years sure seem less problematic. I've got 47K on my '05 and I have to think (other than the JUNK transmission which has not done anything needing maintenance.....) what it's problems have been.....I think I screwed up the little ceiling console sunglass cubby....can't think of anything right off hand. Oh and I replaced the skipomatic factory CD player with an aftermarket one.

I would have to agree with Rodewaryer..go with a gen 2 LS less problems.

I have had both 2001 LS and currently a 2006 LS. Besides the obvious of being new, better luck with the gen 2.

I've got a gen1 and the only issue so far is a single ball joint. Of course, I only have 44444 miles on it.

thats better than 66666, but right now a gen 2 is worth browwing for. I paid under 14 for my 04, with 50k. I was looking and right now I can get a handfull of 2006's under 35k mileage for less than i paid for mine. I stole mine in may and i could trade up for a better year with a warranty for less. Economy is a car buyers treat right now. As long as you dont loose your job. look at Gen 2's. Really, the extra is worth it. if you can get a 05 06 youll be best off IMO.

Members online

No members online now.
Back