New Water Pump.

i have a questiion also dealing with the water pump......mine went out about a week ago and i have replaced it but after i was done i started it up and drove it prolly 3 miles and noticed it was running hot again i got a thermostat and im gonna replace that next but i was wondering if there could be anything else i need to check........thanks i need all the help i can get i miss my car!!!! lol

It really sound like you need to burp the system. Do it right at the crossover tube, right in front of the alternator. Take a 1/4 inch drive ratchet and take off the round cap. Start the car and turn the heat on Max and start topping it off. Once you are sure its full, push up and down on your car and make the water in the crossover tube to burp more air out of it and then repeat this 500 more times.:rolleyes: I would suggest trying that first and going from there.

Good luck.

pump

Crack me up!! Sorry about that one Max.:gr_hail:

Hey KC I have been called a lot of things in my 58 years but aging is not one of them .....till now...:D
Frogman....live forever...boy I hope not...but thanks for the confidence!!

Max

Mrzeee, really sorry about that one.;) :) :D Sense I started this thread I figure I should sum it up. I replaced the water pump. I was able to get one with my nephews Ford discount. I had noticed a small leak at the oil filter gasket, so I replaced that as well. I didn't have time (Day light running out) to pull the radiator, so I'm pulling it on Friday and one of our shops down by the plaza is going to come by a pick it up, boil it out and bring it back by 3pm that day. Now that's service!!! Replacing the water pump did help the AC. I can drive much further without it over heating. It went to the middle of the R and kinda hovered in there. I didn't want to take any chances so I shut it down. I'm thinking that once the radiator is cleaned out, I should be ready to go. Thanks for all the insight and support guys, It's truly appreciated.

Greg

Max has been such a big part of my life over the past years that we now set a place for him at the Thanksgiving day dinner table.

KC- be careful with those clean outs as these newer radiators are really made of thin alloy. Not like the older ones with the copper cores etc. I got a new OEM style unit delivered the next day for $120. Just sharing

Roadboss, Max has been a gentleman every time I have dealt with him. I honestly don't think I have ever purchased anything from him though.:( I have an impulsive personality and always end up paying a little extra to get it right away, so I can finish the job.

Where did you order your Radiator from? They are only charging me $30.00 for the work with pick up and delivery. Please, don't let this leed you to believe Kansas City is a little cowtown. I don't know how many of you have ever been here but, It is an outstanding, beautiful and clean city. For a company to come and pick it (radiator) up service it and bring it back for $30.00 is unreal and I think I would envision a one street town with Goober on his way over to the house.:) Then again, I haven't seen these guys yet. I'm sure I'm safe. Their business has been around for like 40 years.

How long have you had the replacement radiator and how has it performed?

Thanks

I remeber reading about some stuff that geno used in the terminator because it kept oeverheating. I just can't quite remeber what it was called.

hey Greg That cobra (mark) water pump 5R3Z-8501-A lists at $136.70 and cost LVC $88.86. a lightining/cobra electric one from ford racing is $150.00 and lvc is $126.00. I do not know if that electric one will carry the load of the mark it is made for the supercharger.
Max

electric water pump for $126? Anyone know if that will work or is that made especially for the supercharged motor setup for specifically for cooling the supercharger in addition to a pully pump?

88.86, i dont think you can beat that!

Members online

No members online now.
Back